Jambands.ca

Nikki Yanofski is a twat

zero

I don't know about you but I find this wanna-bee-doodly-doop-doop white ass jewish version of Ella (with a fraction of the talent) supremely annoying even to look at. God forbid hearing her

'perform' her populist brand of 'jazz' that makes Diana Krall seem about as out as the Art Ensemble of Chicago.

Happy Saturday Morning.

I guess if there was a stroke of anti-semitism in my remark but my love of the Hebraic is pretty deeply ingrained, although Anglican I grew up in a fairly Orthodox jewish neighborhood making many of my friends and humour role models mensche from the neighborhood. I just hate looking at her face and seeing the rapt admiration she engenders in her audience composed entirely of Phillistines.

I mean Gene 'Aaron Freeman' Ween is The Golden Jew and clearly that enhances rather than detracts from my devotion to him.

I couldn't seem to post a picture of this beyond irritating smooth jazz operator. Someone please put one up so others can appreciate how completely twattish she looks. We get it you're 16 or something and you've been singing since you were 8 - it's so fucking precious.

I don't know about you but I find this wanna-bee-doodly-doop-doop white ass jewish version of Ella (with a fraction of the talent) supremely annoying even to look at. God forbid hearing her

'perform' her populist brand of 'jazz' that makes Diana Krall seem about as out as the Art Ensemble of Chicago.

Happy Saturday Morning.

Happy Saturday Morning to you too sunshine. Do you seriously have that much hate built up in there against this poor girl? What a pretentious snot you are .... I can easily appreciate how completely twattish you are. We get it you're incredible at something and you act like you are 8 - you are so fuÇking precious.

Edited by Guest

Fuck you to and a swift muay thai elbow to the temple too douchebag. It's not so much what a fucking annoying media trained whore she is it's the entire smooth jazz phenomena, the Phillistinism inherent in it's audience, and yes people feel just as strongly or worse about Kenny G in fact I'm pretty sure there's sites devoted to his death. A minor character named Pat Metheny (A real musician) has some pretty strong opinions on Mr. G as well.

Is she beyond reproach because she's a young woman because I'm pretty sure nobody cuts Miley Cyrus or Lindsay Lohan slack. Live by the media sword die by the media sword.

And apologies for using a big word that's beyond you:

n.

A member of an Aegean people who settled ancient Philistia around the 12th century B.C.

A smug, ignorant, especially middle-class person who is regarded as being indifferent or antagonistic to artistic and cultural values.

One who lacks knowledge in a specific area.

adj.

Of or relating to ancient Philistia.

often philistine Boorish; barbarous: “our plastic, violent culture, with its philistine tastes and hunger for novelty†(Lloyd Rose).

Whether used as a noun or adjective Philistine perfectly suits the young Ms. Yanofsky and her entire audience. Which likely includes you and the folks.

From this morning's Globe and Mail.

Not so fast with the swan song by J.D. Considine

Of course, jazz partisans have been moaning about diminishing audiences since the 1940s, a lament that typically branches into two schools of complaint: The "jazz should be more accomodating" populists, and the "audiences should be better informed" zealots. Both views, it seems miss the point.

I read this notably moments ago but it was right on point. I really don't give a shit if she's a young woman she's dumming down the greatest American art form into a palatable pablum that her 905 audience can take home via compact disc and rehash with their Lean Cuisine suppers.

jesus, you can't even note a person as Jewish these days without being labeled an anti-semite.

nobody was actually called an anti-semite.

and what does Jesus have to do with this. is it because he was Jewish?

if you don't like somebody, you don't have to listen to them. And Diana Krall is quite talented. never heard Nikki Yanofsky.

its not he mentioned that she was jewish fool.

lets think about context. he was poinnting out how SOLD OUT, how WATERED DOWN, how SOULESS, how SUBURBAN etc this music was. and points out that she is jewish as part of the problem or part fo the reason that this is infact, whatered down, souless, suburban, etc.

lets switch up the culture, but use the same foolish attitude.

"I don't know about you but I find this wanna-bee-doodly-doop-doo black ass version of Ella (with a fraction of the talent) supremely annoying even to look at. God forbid hearing her

'perform' her populist brand of 'jazz' that makes Diana Krall seem about as out as the Art Ensemble of Chicago"

"I don't know about you but I find this wanna-bee-doodly-doop-doo p brown ass arab version of Ella (with a fraction of the talent) supremely annoying even to look at. God forbid hearing her

'perform' her populist brand of 'jazz' that makes Diana Krall seem about as out as the Art Ensemble of Chicago."

sounds kinda offensive and dumb no?

don't give me "you can't even go saying the term jewish without being called an antisemite"

fucking goys i tell you. i think its all the milk you drink with dinner.

Edited by Guest

...she's dumming down the greatest American art form...

That's actually pretty funny, good one.

This problem is almost always easy to solve. When kung hears this Nikki person, he should do what I do when I hear the watered-down elevator-music excuse for majik100 jazz that white-boy Pat Methany spits up for a living.

Turn it off.

By the way, Metheny is even worse because jazz fans will actually argue that he has merit, but again, it's irrelevant because we make a point of not listening to music we don't like.

But if you really, really just feel like hating someone who has no bearing on your day-to-day affairs whatsoever, may I suggest aiming the anger towards the Burmese Government or Mark David Chapman or something.

A very happy Sunday to y'all.