Jambands.ca

Go to Hell!!!!

rubberdinghy

I wanted to, but, I controlled myself, I'm getting better you know...I just laugh it off now.

I was coming into Lincoln Fields....called it out 3 times....

Next stop...Lincoln Fields....no bell

This is Lincoln Fields....no bell

LAST CALL...LINCOLN FIELDS...no bell

Blow past the 95 that's sitting there loading and unloading...DING! "What your not going to stop? I have and appointment to go to"

"Ma'am, I called it out 3 times, there is a reason we have stop request bells on the bus."

"oh go to hell!" she says, I chuckled, "Next Stop Dominion..."

DING!

Also, found a great link for any of you who wonder why the bus may not stop for you...

http://www.octranspo1.com/about-octranspo/Service_Delivery

Go to Hell!!!

Is what she said to me after I drove past her stop without stopping.

Sorry maam, but that's what the yellow cords are for.

Just another bus story for youse all on this rainy day.

After reading The Hold Steady thread, I can only picture these words as performed by The Hold Steady ;)

Edited by Guest

Another good one from the other day...

I was jam packed on my 86, no one else could fit on...I go to pass another bus and this woman, jumps in front of the other bus, yelling, (apparently I can read lips now) "You better fucking stop, if you don't stop...blah blah blah..." She flags down the bus behind to play the "catch up to me" game, obviously to give me a piece of her mind. Finally catches up to me and runs up to my door. Looks in, I wave, nothing else I can do, no room. She sulks off back to the bus behind me. Light turns green, we both take off, with her still standing on the platform.

It's rush hour lady, there'll be another bus shortly!

Whenever I'm on the bus, there seems to be a "who's going to pull the cord?" game that is going on. For example, when I'm a bus that's crossing over to ottawa on the Portage bridge, the next stop is still a couple of minutes away and it seems that no one wants to be the guy that pulls it.

I figure it's a game that people play. Someone always pulls it when the stop is just within a bus's reach.

Either that or no one is really paying attention, like that crazy lady mentioned above.

Ike must have not noticed the people getting on his bus while he was getting off.

That is possible but I don't think anyone was getting on. I think the driver just saw people walking towards the door as he approached the bus stop and knew they wanted off. Or maybe someone else had already pulled the cord and I didn't notice. Either way, next time I'm on the bus I'll pay more attention. I have to admit I rarely take the bus. One thing I do know is that here in Cambridge after dusk you can pull the cord and get off anywhere you want as long as the driver can safely stop.

Edited by Guest