Jambands.ca

Final 8 Albums for Festival 8

balogna pogna

Thats very interesting as most of the rumors (PT) at this point seem to be favoring Alice Cooper Billion $ Babies.

Posts from the site say the Playbill has been leaked.

Of course with Alice playing at Indio tonight there is also speculation that this is a hoaz put on by Phish.

The second most rampant rumor is that Sharon Jones will be guesting for the set and that it will feature Exile on Main St.

S

Exile is the direct product of heroin. But I can't think of a direct lyric about the drug off the top of my head.

During the recording of the album, loads of heroin was around, but most of songs were outtakes and tracks written or recorded between 1969 to 1971. Some were songs that didn't make it to previous albums, like Sticky Fingers and some were songs just held back because they didn't want to give them to the record company during Fingers sessions, at least according to Mick Jagger, if I remember correctly.

That might have a bit to do with finding no direct lyrics, but the opener to the album, 'Rocks Off' would be the one track where heroin is indirectly referred to, but obvious in its meaning.

I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed.

Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin' feed.

Heading for the overload

Splattered on the dirty road

Kick me like you've kicked before

I can't even feel the pain no more.