Jambands.ca

Philly - second night

Freak By Night

TTE'd for sure punk! It was a good "sit-down" song for everyone.

Met some cool Philly people last night. Very friendly and funny. They are big Tragically Hip fans and said the Hip sell out every time they play in the area. One of the girls has a family cabin up in Maniwaki and has been to Ottawa many times. "Canada is very important to all of us, and we're glad you're here" she said!

Tuesday's set list looks better but it was still a good show last night. Surprising VU song to end the concert.

Thanks for the link Rob but unfortunately if failed on me. I'll try later.

every time you voice your distaste for Esther, I'm gonna retort with something positive about it, Skelter ;)

Like the piano solo when she fades to her tranquil emotionless sleep. Damn good piano there, and one of Page's best, IMO.

You should be far more concerned that they got TTE out of the way. Now there is a "head to the pisser" song if i've ever ever heard one.

Have a good Albany!!

every time you voice your distaste for Esther, I'm gonna retort with something positive about it, Skelter ;)

Like the piano solo when she fades to her tranquil emotionless sleep. Damn good piano there, and one of Page's best, IMO.

I remember being at my first Phish show, and not knowing any of their music, and hearing the crowd go nuts when that calliope sound started off (what I now know to be) "Esther." I loved it that night, and it's one of my favourite tunes on "Junta". I don't think I've heard one since, so getting one in Albany would be a highlight for me.

Aloha,

Brad

ugh ... esther. Hopefully that puts it out of contention for Saturday night :)

You and your hatred of brilliant tunes :)

And incidentally ... I really have nothing against Jennifer Dances.

I would also rather hear Jennifer Dances than Esther. That skelter character is on to something here.