Jambands.ca

My Morning Ritual:

kewinpeter

My Morning Ritual:

Today I woke up at 6:30am. I like to program my mind right from the start, so as soon as I get up I express gratitude for all of my blessings (this helps to bring more good things into my life.) Then I psyche myself up for the great day ahead. I never used to do this, but it’s amazing how much it helps. When you consciously start the day off right, instead of complaining that you have to get up and go to work, it totally changes how you feel and programs your subconscious mind for a successful day.

I’m also downing 20-30 oz. of water at this time to rehydrate my body after 8 hours of no food or water.

Next, I perform about 15 minutes of Tai Chi movements to awaken my muscles, body, and circulate chi and blood flow. This is a moving meditation, so I’m also focusing on deep breathing and mental concentration. Doing Tai Chi helps the body to heal and recover from the intense weight training sessions I’ll be doing. To finish off this morning ritual I do another 5-15 minutes of seated meditation clearing my mind of all thoughts and sitting in pure stillness.

• 3 months later...

ok, so my morning ritual has been kertailed a bit ... i just ran outta milk ... and there's still coffee in the pot. as I drink, im gradually adding more black stuff to the slightly less black stuff left in my big cup. i sense i shall hit a tipping point soon when black outweighs less black and all hell will break loose.

can y'all drink it black when you normally use milk?

can y'all drink it black when you normally use milk?

I normally (three mugs a day at home) drink it black, but can drink it with milk when I need to (e.g., when I want the coffee cool enough to drink along the short walk from the Second Cup at Dalhousie & Rideau to Mavericks/Deckuf).

Aloha,

Brad