Jambands.ca

10 years ago this fall...

bouche

If I hadn't found this site by randomly googling Phish one day, or if I had not summoned up the courage to make my first post:

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/93073/

I reckon I wouldn't know any of you animals.

On saturday, the Punk pointed this out to me and I think that he wants to put on a 10th anniversary show. he said something like...

"I'll get the boys from nero in on it and we'll put on a fund raising.... *hic* *bonk* OWWWW! who the fuck' put that chair there? .... rund faising event for the 10th....Hey TOODDD! Check THIS OUT! (pulls dress shirt through fly of pants).... where was I...oh yeah, do you wanna do a shot of gin?"

Like I would shoot gin....Jager or GTFO.

This was my first post. Someone on the ctree email list suggested I check out this board to find people in need of a ride to Trey at Darien for the 6/16/2002 show.

PassedOutGuy responded and as he and his girlfriend at the time had nonrefundable bus tickets to Buffalo, I offered to pick them up at the bus station and drive the rest of the way.

Well, when I pulled up to the bus station in Buffalo, there was a "crackhead-looking" couple sitting outside seemingly waiting for someone. I believe I rolled my windows down, and they started approaching. For a moment I considered jamming the gas and getting the hell out of there. Then I saw two smiley hippies walking out of the station. Deep exhale and a *whew* moment.

Bob introduced me to the rest of the scene. Fucker.

Mmmm warm fuzzies! Thanks Brad.....

Furtherly warm fuzzy material: within a month of that first nero show and introduction to the scene, I was in bouche's car, with CatPhish along for the ride, heading to Durham for the "Come Together Music Festival" that I had heard so much about and got a ride to on phishsanctuary.com.

Aloha,

Brad

thanks for keeping the hamster wheel turning Mike!!!

lost of good memories from this board. Second tube told me about it back in 2000 or 2001, i dunno, it took me another year or 6 months to sign up but, here i am.

i wish i still had that Homer avatar, i cant find it anywhere!!!

Back in June of 2000, booking bands at The Comfort Zone with New Rider, the Cozone website was always about 6-months outdated and we had no idea how to do website crap, so I remember posting a frenzied promotional invitation on the phishsanctuary (but I thought it was blue back then) to let folks know about our pre- and post-Molson Amphitheatre Phish shows with Soulive. I seem to recall being under a whole bunch of pressure to justify the 2-night stand but, not being the greatest negotiator, that was the only way we could get Soulive to come to Toronto (apparently). I think it worked to a degree, 'cause the day of the first Soulive show, a guy from Vancouver showed up around 1 in the afternoon, with invitation in hand. It was pretty exciting, and we got to have a lot of fun over the next 2-days with all that great music and all those newfound friends.

Anyway, I remember meeting Mark Tonin sometime soon after, as well as zero, both of whom proposed somehow bringing the scene together online. "Kev-O's Upcoming Shows" site was a great help too. Without all the folks so passionately helping to grow this community, the raves at The Zone might have taken over a lot sooner than they did. But I digress...I only wish that we had've somehow been able to use jambands.ca more actively back then (or at all).

So, I remember when I did sign up to jambands.ca, there were a lot of familiar friends, but I remember meeting Del, Willy, Alexis, Ms. Huxtable, PassedOutGuy, QuesQueCest, Sari, Palace Princess (too many to mention) and, of course, the fabulous Bouchards, and always being introduced as "Mulemomma." It felt like the weirdest thing, to have this alias, and a sense of comraderie with complete strangers, being welcomed into their homes, when I'd never actually met them before.

It's a beautiful thing you guys have created. Thank you for everything you've done and all of your tireless efforts. This community has been life-changing, and I hope you never waiver in your dedication. Love and hugs - Karen aka Mulemomma :)

Wow ... this thread fills me with all kinds of emotion and brings back so many blasts from the past! I just spent some time reading the posts in this thread and browsing the Cavern Archive. I wish I had more time right now to reflect and respond, but that will have to wait for another day. I feel so fortunate and so lucky to be a part of all of this!

Peace, Mark