Jambands.ca

Phish Lottery Results- The New Years Edition

Northern Wish

Basher, you said that they guarantee the first set if tickets, and that if they don't work they'll buy more tickets for you. That's a guarantee of a guarantee! That their guarantee needs a backup plan for when it doesn't work seems sketchy to me.

Whatever. I understand how it works now but I wouldn't trust it for a show that a) I spend a lot of money on B) I have to travel for. And probably more reasons than I can think of now. It seems super-shady to me.

Anyways, the advice that all re-sales come with risk is bang-on. As is 'ask lots of questions and demand original receipts.'

Good luck to everyone.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I was not clear. Maybe this will help:

StubHub FanProtect Guarantee

What does FanProtectTM mean for Buyers?

It means security. We don't charge your card until the Seller confirms that your tickets will be delivered. And in the rare instance that your order is not confirmed by the Seller, we will work to find other tickets for you. Our #1 goal is to get you into the event, and if we fail (and we hardly ever do), you won't be charged a cent.

FanProtectTM also means service. Once your order is confirmed, we will be there for you. If anything goes wrong, we're just a phone call away -- even when you're at the venue gate. What is a confirmed order?

How the FanProtectTM Guarantee protects Buyers

StubHub guarantees all Buyers the following:

* You will not be charged until the seller confirms your order.

Once confirmed,

* You will get your tickets in time for the event.

* Your tickets will be authentic and valid for entry.

* Your tickets will be as good as or better than the ones you ordered.

* You will be refunded if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.

Benefits provided to Buyers under the FanProtectTM Guarantee

Buyers will receive the following benefits under the FanProtectTM Guarantee if the requirements below are met:

* If the tickets of a confirmed order are not received before the event:

If the event has not yet occurred, StubHub will attempt to locate the tickets and ensure their delivery (or attempted delivery) to the Buyer prior to the event. If the tickets cannot be located, StubHub will attempt to find comparable alternate tickets to fulfill the order. If comparable alternate tickets cannot be found or the time for the event has passed without any delivery attempt, StubHub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

* If tickets received are not the same or better than those the Buyer committed to purchase:

StubHub will investigate the complaint and determine whether the Buyer received the same or better tickets than those the Buyer committed to purchase. If StubHub determines that the Buyer did not receive the same or better tickets, StubHub will, (i) provide the Buyer with replacement tickets that are comparable or better than the tickets the Buyer committed to purchase, or (ii) at StubHub's discretion and following StubHub's receipt of the tickets from the Buyer, issue a refund to the Buyer for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. StubHub may, in its sole discretion, deem tickets received as the same or better than those the Buyer committed to purchase.

* If tickets are invalid and are not honored by the venue:

In the event the Buyer encounters any problems at the venue, the Buyer is encouraged to call StubHub Customer Service immediately at 1.866.StubHub (1.866.788.2482) for assistance. If the Buyer contacts StubHub from the venue at the time of the event, StubHub will attempt to locate comparable replacement tickets for the buyer. If replacement tickets cannot be found, or if the Buyer was not able to contact StubHub before the event, StubHub will provide the Buyer with a prepaid FedEx shipping label to use in returning the tickets to StubHub along with a Ticket Return Form. Upon confirmation by the venue that the tickets were invalid, StubHub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

* If the event is cancelled or postponed:

If an event is cancelled and will not occur at a later date, StubHub will send the Buyer an email offering the Buyer the opportunity to return their tickets within 2 weeks in order to receive a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. StubHub, in its sole discretion, will determine when an event has been cancelled. If an event is postponed or rescheduled, the Buyer may use the tickets on the rescheduled date or, time permitting, list them for sale at StubHub. If an event is postponed but replacement tickets are required for entry to the event on the rescheduled date, StubHub will work to obtain replacement tickets for the Buyer. If an event is postponed and the number of replacement tickets available is limited, StubHub may, in its sole discretion, deem the event cancelled.

yep. a guy i know sold some Greek tix on stubhub. the buyer claimed that he didn't receive the correct tix. so stubhub bought another pair for him off the site for $1600 and then charged my friend the $1600.

sounds like your skelper friend got bit in the ass by the ticket karma police.

Nice score Velvet!

Edited by Guest

Oh geez...

Seems I was issued disabled tickets for NYE, and it further seems like no matter how much I drink previous to arriving at MSG, they won't let me through the door with these tickets. Refund has been made.

I am currently trying my luck with Ticketmaster customer service. How do you suppose this will go?