Jambands.ca

Phish Lottery Results- The New Years Edition

Northern Wish

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bear no responsibility for the poster, but thought I'd mention it.

Craigslist has a 4 pack for 12/31 for $125 per ticket, $500 total.

Can't do it myself, but IMO, not a bad price for 4 of em.

Just being the messenger.

If it sounds too good to be true- it probably is...... Craigslist scammers have caught on to the money to be made on Phish.

I bear no responsibility for the poster' date=' but thought I'd mention it.

Craigslist has a 4 pack for 12/31 for $125 per ticket, $500 total.

Can't do it myself, but IMO, not a bad price for 4 of em.

Just being the messenger.

[/quote']

If it sounds too good to be true- it probably is...... Craigslist scammers have caught on to the money to be made on Phish.

The possibility of a scam is there, to be sure. However, it is Craigslist.

Set up to meet.

Meet.

Make exchange.

Not going into alleys in Parkdale or anything, but don't imagine I'm gonna get scammed. I'm not paying with a credit card or paypal, just cash in person.

If they are PTBM its a little more legit, but if they are regular TB tickets you could get to the gate and the scanner will beep and your heart will stop for second- and then you will realize you've been stuck with fakes, or duplicates that have already been cancelled.

At least if you use your credit card or paypal- I believe you are protected by their agreements and you will get your money back on fakes.

Basher care to comment? You're the pro.....

I got a pair for 12/31 and 1/1 and I'm waiting from replies from a couple of friends as to whether or not I got tickets for 12/30 or any repeats.

Luckily I have a few friends that live in NYC so that always makes the trip more enjoyable and less expensive.

Good luck to everybody with their attempts for the general onsale on Saturday.

Peace,

Tim

If you buy ANY tickets from the secondary market you are assuming risk - especially if it is just some dude of craigslist. If you end up with fakes or canceled tickets your only recourse will be to file charges with police - good luck with that.

As a general rule I would avoid red flags (Western Union, etc...) and if the person is willing to meet in person gather as much info as possible including checking their ID and recording all the information, while also asking for their original receipt from TicketMaster/Music Today...

You can usually get a good idea of who is a scammer and who is legit by talking to them on the phone and probing a bit.

All that said, I would never be confident that the tickets were legit until they were actually scanned.

That's why StubHub is so popular - they guarantee the tickets and will hook you up with replacement tickets if the tickets you purchased through them don't work - they also usually set up an actual "office" location near the venues for the big events.

This is in no way an endorsement of scalping.

Predictably my credit card confirmation was only a silver lining in the 'Sec 413 behind the stage' cloud.

FACK!

Velvet?

Of course I'll have to wait until after the general onsale to see if I get front row or anything, but if I still need 'em next week I'll see if you still got 'em.

Coolio?

So if I buy duplicate / already-scanned tix to a sold out show from StubHub, I go over to the office they set up and they'll have another pair of tickets for the same sold-out show ready for me?

Now that sounds too good to be true (or possible).

Edit: of course it's a great-sounding policy, but I can't see that being possible in practice.

Predictably my credit card confirmation was only a silver lining in the 'Sec 413 behind the stage' cloud.

FACK!

Velvet?

Of course I'll have to wait until after the general onsale to see if I get front row or anything' date=' but if I still need 'em next week I'll see if you still got 'em.

Coolio?[/quote']

I'll tell you the same thing I told Freeker- these are going to the first person who reserves them. Sorry but I can't wait for you all to see how you did with the onsales.

First come, first served'd.

FACK!

Velvet?

Of course I'll have to wait until after the general onsale to see if I get front row or anything' date=' but if I still need 'em next week I'll see if you still got 'em.

Coolio?[/quote']

I'll tell you the same thing I told Freeker- these are going to the first person who reserves them. Sorry but I can't wait for you all to see how you did with the onsales.

First come, first served'd.

Cool, no problem at all.

So if I buy duplicate / already-scanned tix to a sold out show from StubHub, I go over to the office they set up and they'll have another pair of tickets for the same sold-out show ready for me?

Now that sounds too good to be true (or possible).

Edit: of course it's a great-sounding policy, but I can't see that being possible in practice.

Yep. Basically they buy another ticket from those listed on their site then charge the original seller.

yep. a guy i know sold some Greek tix on stubhub. the buyer claimed that he didn't receive the correct tix. so stubhub bought another pair for him off the site for $1600 and then charged my friend the $1600.

so...if you sell on stubhub with e-tix, be careful to make a screenshot or file-save or whatever to prove that you actually uploaded the correct tickets!

You can get a four star in Jersey City for ~$160.00, looks like a short ride through the tunnel to Manhattan. Anyone have any experience making that commute?

FB.

yeah, i did this last year for the MSG run. it was no trouble to get in and out, and there was parking to be found around the post office. it wasn't NYE though...

So I arrive at MSG at showtime to discover that my tickets are no good. I go over to the StubHub booth and they'll guarantee that there are spare tickets for a sold out show still available? Sorry, it's a nice idea but I don't see how that can be guaranteed.

What about a sold-out assigned seating show? They're gonna add more seats to the theatre? Sold-out club, they're gonna increase the fire code? What about a small club show, where do I go to get replacement tix? (apologies if this is all in a FAQ somewhere)

I'm dubious of the re-sale market as a whole.

So, Phish eh?

this is in the posts above... stubhub will purchase another set of tix for you off their website. there are usually plenty of tix being scalped on there. they will buy the cheapest tix but price is no option as they will charge the person who sold you the fakes. if there were no tix available on the website, they probably would not be able to do that, and would try to do something else for you.

i know someone who bought NCAA tix and when stubhub couldn't replace their tix, they ended up giving them courtside tix to some other playoff games to try to make up for it. my friend was extremely happy with what they did for him. i would agree that if you're gonna buy in the secondary market stubhub is your best bet (in the event of getting a fake).

So I arrive at MSG at showtime to discover that my tickets are no good. I go over to the StubHub booth and they'll guarantee that there are spare tickets for a sold out show still available? Sorry, it's a nice idea but I don't see how that can be guaranteed.

What about a sold-out assigned seating show? They're gonna add more seats to the theatre? Sold-out club, they're gonna increase the fire code? What about a small club show, where do I go to get replacement tix? (apologies if this is all in a FAQ somewhere)

I'm dubious of the re-sale market as a whole.

So, Phish eh?

I get what you're saying- but it is unbelieveably rare that a show is really 100% SOLD OUT. There are always extras- from unused comps, to added seating the day of the show, to promoters holding a % of tix for the door and even as phorbesie said- those unsold tickets in the secondary market.

The one thing that Basher tipped me to, is that there are more than a few sites that are basically stubhub tickets but have a different 'skin' or website- but that the inventory all resides with the same seller: StubHub. I'd guess that no matter the demand for a show, there are always unsold tickets on these sites or site as it were.

Unfortunately it comes down to who you know in alot of instances.....

You can get a four star in Jersey City for ~$160.00, looks like a short ride through the tunnel to Manhattan. Anyone have any experience making that commute?

FB.

I've made that commute before. No problem going into the city in the afternoon, but the Holland tunnel was closed after midnight due to construction! I had to double back to the Lincoln tunnel and got stuck in a huge traffic jam. I was delayed for about an hour.