Jambands.ca

What will be the best show in TO before Dec 31?

Weirdness

I need a live music fix but don't have time to piss around with just going out to see whatever for the sake of going out to see whatever.

The Wood Brothers on December 8th looks like it could be fun but is there anything coming up in Toronto that is an absolute not to be missed show?

Anything other than Classical, Rap/Hip Hop or Death Metal is good with me. Guess the opposite ends of the spectrum don't agree with my ears.

Too bad, but for me this SOLD OUT show blows the rest out of the water: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes @ the Mod Club, December 3rd.

I've come to the realization that BSS just don't do it for me. I don't like their new album at all either, except for the single.

Edited by Guest

Bahamas really is a shithot guitarist - handily one of the best in Canada. That said Pink Strat doesn't really reflect how much he shreds which was more evident when he could stretch a bit with say Zeus backing him on the Bonfire Ball Revue. He's got a few faces it seems because he was booked in a softseater here too (one of the Roy Thompson rooms) which is not how I'd want to see him. I trust Dave Azzolini from the Golden Dogs who described him to me as one of the biggest 'monsters' on the guitar I've ever seen, and I trust someone like Velvet who's remarked in the past that Azzolini's guitar playing is incredibly I believe 'versatile' is the word he used.

He and Azzolini, and Zeus are all really tight and they all fucking love him and rip his licks. I gather he has an unreleased song called Traffic Cops - one of many that they all love- that he assured me will get released on an album at one point.

What about this one?? Looks pretty amazing to my eyes:

December 4, 2010

The Horseshoe Tavern

Songs of the ’70s – Produced by Six Shooter Records and Starfish Entertainment

Featuring:

Andy Kim

Bidiniband

Collen & Paul

Damhnait Doyle

Dan Hill

Dave Robinson (UIC)

Kevin Hearn (Barenaked Ladies)

Luke Doucet

Matt Barber

Melissa McClelland

Mia Sheard

NQ Arbuckle

Oh Susanna

Roly Greenway (Crowbar)

The Beauties

The Good Brothers

Justin Rutledge

Shakura S’Aida

Tim Vesely (Rheostatics)

PLUS – special guests and more artists to be announced soon!

Tickets: $20.00 Advance. Available at ticketmaster.ca or 416-870-8000, Horseshoe Front Bar, Soundscapes, Rotate This, and MapleMusic