Jambands.ca

12/27/10 phish

guitarberman

Trey was super off. One of the less impressive shows I have seen. Trey could not lead and when he tried to he was off key. Seemed like he just laid back and trued to play behind everyone. I know I know I' being the downer jerk... sorry everyone! Truth is hard sometimes.

While Trey certainly sounds like he's got a cold, he's not nearly as bad sounding as the '95 run, or even 2.0 Phish when he was Oxy'd out. His playing however is still excellent and par for the course for 3.0. Certainly nobody should've expected Phish to go balls to the wall right out of the gate at the start of a 5 show run. They need to keep something in the tank for MSG. Worcester had some fine moments, but it just seemed like they were both played as they would as part of the natural progression of a 5 show run.

Trey was super off. One of the less impressive shows I have seen. Trey could not lead and when he tried to he was off key. Seemed like he just laid back and trued to play behind everyone. I know I know I' being the downer jerk... sorry everyone! Truth is hard sometimes.

If the sentiments I'm feeling here are correct, I think it's high time we started a "off-the-wagon" rumour about Trey just to spice things up a little.

Maybe it'll spur him on to really show us a thing or two about a thing or two.