Jambands.ca

Canal opens for skating tomorrow!

Velvet

Looks like I can start skating to work on Monday:

A stretch of the Rideau Canal will be ready to skate Saturday morning.

The National Capital Commission said 2.4 km of canal ice between the Bank Street Bridge and the Pretoria Bridge will open to skaters at 8 a.m. Saturday.

Saturday's scheduled opening marks the 41st official year of the Rideau Canal Skateway.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2011/01/07/ottawa-skateway-open-107.html#ixzz1AOaiAzf8

Yes! That's fantastic news! We're heading to Capital city tommorrow and I've been hoping the canal would open. Now Phorbsie..if you see Desmond flipping out after he's spiking on hot chocolate and beaver tails..the answer is no-you may not beat him with your blades! ;)

What about the ice sculptures? Have they begun? EEeeek..I'm excited!

I guess I'd better get some skates.

You can rent them on the canal.

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins/ncc_web_content_page.asp?cid=16297-16299-10080-10084〈=1

Skate and Sleigh Rentals, Skate Sharpening and Boot Check

* On the Skateway near Mackenzie King Bridge: Mondays to Sundays, 10 am to 10 pm. Capital Skates: 613-232-8049

* On the Skateway near Fifth Avenue: Fridays, 6 pm to 10 pm and Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am to 10 pm. Capital Skates: 613-232-8049

* On the Skateway near Dows Lake: Mondays to Fridays, 9:30 am to 10 pm. Saturdays, 9 am to 10 pm. Sundays, 9 am to 9 pm. Dows Lake Pavilion: 613-232-1001

Aloha,

Brad

Can someone fashion a skate to fit over Stephie's air cast?

She's super bummed about no skating this winter.

You can rent a sleigh on the canal and tow her while you skate. Oh so romantic.

we can stick bdunn in there with her and take turns pushing them!

I guess I'd better get some skates. Is there an option for casual skates for men? I can only seem to find hockey skates. I've heard that there is a recreational type of skate.

awaits brothers comment with anticipation.

Should I get a habs jersey and cap to go with the hockey skates before I get on the ice? Or are the bauer hockey skates enough?

Ahhh fack it. I've just returned from the Canadian Tire and loaded up for canal skating. I setup my camera on th e tri-pod for a self portrait. Ready to skate!

price1.jpg

Yo EvilGoodluck... I certainly would have asked y'all to drop in for cocoa and sweets here pre or post skating (welcome to park here if needed since we are right by pretoria steps) except that I've had a really bad case of flu this week and Velvet is at work all day. just so you know...it's not cuz i can't whoop Desmond }:|

That's awesome parking news Phorbsie..thanks a tonne! I think whiskey helps colds? ;)

poor Des broke his collar bone yesterday..after we beat him! (((kidding)))..about the beating. He did break his collar bone. F'ing bummer. I still might bring him down for HC and Beavertail..maybe I can pull Steph and Des...

Would you pm me your guys number..not sure if I've got it?

Thanks again H :)