Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers Ontario dates announced

NewRider

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sari and I saw the show last night in Buffalo. It was a sparse crowd, felt like about 300 people. They played lots of tunes, plenty of new ones (incl. Pulaski), and Patterson noted they played a few rare ones too. He said this as a lead-in to 'Daddy Needs A Drink'. In all, they played close to two hours.

We had a great time in the front row. The crowd was polite but a little tame, aside from one douchebag who got scolded by Patterson. Anyhow, looking forward to the next ones in TO and Wloo! :)

I think Bachman Turner have cancelled the Ayton gig. I'm not sure what that may mean, but I'm hoping it means DBT can play longer. I haven't seen any reason why only that refunds were being offered for those that were going just to see them. Patterson is going to be bummed cuz I think they only took this one to play with BT.

That festival isn't being promoted very well. I'm guessing ticket sales might have to do with BT cancelling.

from Drive by Truckers facebook page

OTTAWA CANCELLED

Drive-By Truckers

Cancellation - Salon's Landsdowne Park in Ottawa, Ontario

Due to slow ticket sales and the high expense of putting on a show at the venue where we were confirmed, we regret to have to cancel our June 18 show at Salon's Landsdowne Park in Ottawa, Ontario. Refunds will be available at point of purchase, if you... purchased through DBT/Frontgate Ticketing your card should be automatically refunded. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope to return to Ottawa soon. The rest of the Canada tour is ON and we look forward to kicking it off tonight in London, Ontario at the London Music Hall!See More

By: Drive-By Truckers

As for the cost, I know at least 10 people that were hedging their bets on door tickets to save the exorbitant fees of nearly 20% of the ticket price.

And finally to add insult to injury from the fine fucks at Ticketmaster:

We’ll automatically return the ticket price plus fees (except courier) to your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

Edited by Guest

As for the cost, I know at least 10 people that were hedging their bets on door tickets to save the exorbitant fees of nearly 20% of the ticket price.

Basically this. I was planning to make a game time decision on Saturday but was really on the fence because of the venue and the ticket price.

I looked around and found the promotion company: The Concert Factory from Fergus ON.

They have an email from me regarding the lack of promotion for the show, and it was cc'ed to DbT's management and agency. If they respond at all I will be sure to post it here.

To add further insult to injury the automated TM phone system rang my line at 9:00am waking me out of very nice sleep.