Jambands.ca

I fell in love with Mumford and Sons

rubberdinghy

i saw them in november in montreal at le national and they really do emit that emotion live on stage. pretty awesome live show. they love what they are doing. go see them soon . after last night i think they will be moving up a notch in the venues. so may be a bit easier to get a ticket in larger venues. Avett brothers did great too. loved seeing both band with bob dylan. that was a treat

Seems we're not the only ones who enjoyed Mumford's performance

Here are their post Grammy Itunes sales stats

Mumford & Sons

"Sigh No More" - 31,189 +156%

"Little Lion Man" - 42,664 +88%

"The Cave" - 37,899 +114%

iTunes Stats

#1 Album on the store

"LLM" and "The Cave" #1 and #2 Alternative Tracks "LLM" #13 track overall "The Cave" #15 track overall

Does anyone know anything about Laura Marling other than that she's sometimes backed by Mumford and Sons she's a brit of a mystery.

I have been hooked on her big time. i love her music. her dad taught her how to play. first song he taught her was neil young's needle damage done. Alas i cannot swim was highly aclaimed. she wrote most of the album with the charlie fink from noah and the whales. the guys from noah and the whales back her up for the album. after the album got prouduced and distributed she broke up with fink. Then guess who became her backing band. mumford and sons. well two of the members of mumford. And she started dating marcus the lead singer. her last record i speak because i can was also very aclaimed. she was only 18 when she wrote alas i cannot swim, very wise singing but you get hints of her age. i speak because i can i found complemented it nicely and showed that she will be a force to be reqoned with and will not go away anytime soon

• 4 years later...

New electrified folk Mumford and Sons album dropping in May

As if their inclusion in the Bonnaroo lineup wasn't enough, Mumford & Sons are officially returning with a brand new album, Wilder Mind. Due out on May 4th, Wilder Mind marks a departure from the band's acoustic sound, delving into the realm of electrified folk music.

Marcus Mumford explained the switch in a statement, saying: "Towards the end of the Babel tour, we'd always play new songs during soundchecks, and none of them featured the banjo, or a kick-drum. And demoing with Aaron meant that, when we took a break, we knew it wasn't going to involve acoustic instruments. We didn't say: 'No acoustic instruments.' But I think all of us had this desire to shake it up. The songwriting hasn't changed drastically; it was led more by a desire to not do the same thing again. Plus, we fell back in love with drums! It's as simple as that."

Ben Lovett continued: "It felt completely natural, though, like it did when we started out. It was very much a case of, if someone was playing an electric guitar, drums were going to complement that best; and, sonically, it then made sense to add a synth or an organ. We chose instruments that played well off each other, rather than consciously trying to overhaul it."

In addition to the new album, Mumford & Sons have announced a series of 'Gentlemen of the Road Stopovers,' with bands like The Flaming Lips, The Alabama Shakes, My Morning Jacket, The Foo Fighters, and more.

Seaside Heights, New Jersey, USA
June 5th + 6th - Mumford & Sons, The Flaming Lips, Alabama Shakes, The Vaccines, The Maccabees, Dawes, The Very Best, Jenny Lewis, Little May, JEFF The Brotherhood, Blake Mills + more TBA

Waverly, Iowa, USA
June 19th + 20th - Mumford & Sons, The Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket, Dawes, Jenny Lewis, The Maccabees, The Very Best, Rubblebucket, JEFF The Brotherhood, Blake Mills + more TBA

Aviemore, Scotland, UK
July 31st + August 1st - Mumford & Sons, Primal Scream, Simian Mobile Disco, Ben Howard, Lianne La Havas, The Maccabees, Jack Garratt, Honeyblood + more TBA

Walla Walla, Washington, USA
August 14th + 15th - Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips, The Vaccines, Dawes, Jenny Lewis, TuneYards, James Vincent McMorrow, JEFF The Brotherhood, Blake Mills + more TBA

Salida, Colorado, USA
August 21st + 22nd - Mumford & Sons, The Flaming Lips, Dawes, Jenny Lewis, The Vaccines, TuneYards, James Vincent McMorrow, JEFF The Brotherhood, Blake Mills + more TBA