Jambands.ca

2011 bonnaroo lineup announcement February 15 at NOON EST

TimmyB

bonnaroo music and arts festival

CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF MAGIC

2011 LINEUP ANNOUNCEMENT TUE FEB 15th at 12pm EST!

TICKETS ON SALE SAT FEB 19th at 12 pm EST!

I can't wait for this lineup to be announced. I got my tickets during the presale that soldout in 2 hours and just want to know who I'll be seeing at this years bonnaroo.

Peace,

Tim

Eminem • Arcade Fire • Widespread Panic • The Black Keys • Buffalo Springfield feat Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale • My Morning Jacket • Lil Wayne • String Cheese Incident • Robert Plant & Band of Joy • Mumford & Sons • The Strokes • The Decemberists • Ray Lamontagne • Bassnectar • Iron & Wine • Girl Talk • Primus • Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo • Alison Krauss & Union Station • Pretty Lights • Florence + the Machine • SuperJam featuring Dan Auerbach and Dr. John • Explosions in the Sky • STS9 • Gogol Bordello • Beirut • Big Boi • Scissor Sisters • Gregg Allman • Ratatat • Robyn • Warren Haynes Band • Deerhunter • Opeth • & Many More!

i was thinking about making a revisit this year but with eminem headlining i've lost all interest....

no matter how amazing the other bands may be

Hey brother,

I can't believe just because one artist (Eminem) is at bonnaroo you'll miss out on:

Buffalo Springfield

Widespread Panic

The Black Keys

String Cheese Incident

Robert Plant and the Band of Joy

Ray Lamontagne

Mumford and Sons

Primus

Alison Krauss & Union Station

Gregg Allman

Warren Haynes Band

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

The Del McCoury Band & The Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Mavis Staples

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Old Crow Medicine Machine

Bootsy Collins & the Funk University

Bruce Hornsby

Loretta Lynn

Wanda Jackson

Justin Townes Earle

and many more including

Dr. John and the Original Meters Performing Desitively Bonnaroo

Plant and Krauss will likely play together.

Jack White will likely come out with both Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson.

Warren Haynes will likely play with everybody, including Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident, Gregg Allman.

Bruce Hornsby will likely pop up on a few other stages.

This bonnaroo will be wait for it, legendary.

Peace,

Tim

Lineup looks pretty killer to me...esp with the few extra acts included in TimmyB's list that were not mentioned in the one above...

Hey edger,

All the acts I mentioned were on the lineup minuse Jack White.

I just believe with Jack White now living in Nashville and his associations with Loretta Lynne and Wanda Jackson that he is a shoe in to come out again this year.

Peace,

Tim

Timmy I know what your saying...but I was on the fence already. More than likely I'll save my money and go to Phish festival.

I would love to see Warren Band and Buffalo Springfield but I am pretty sure I will be able to see the former on tour some time and the latter won't get me to make the trek.

Well I will see you at the Phish weekend then. Since it will likely be in the Northeast.

You are right about seeing the Warren Haynes Band on tour and there is already talks that Buffalo Springfield will be touring in the fall.

Peace,

Tim

Looks like a killer money making line up for Bonnaroo.

Well yes, because it's a money-making event. Just like Phish shows or anything else on that scale. For sheer amount of music per dollar spent, it's still hard to top Bonnaroo, at least when talking about national/international acts.

Personally I'm disappointed to see Eminem as the lead headliner, but there's enough there that would entice me if it were at all doable.

[polite] Passing up Bonnaroo to go to a Phish show(s) is a bad decision. We need an intervention for some of you. [/polite]

I have been to a few Bonnaroos already so the appeal of the crazy big festival with lots going on all the time isn't as high as it once was. I prefer a festival with lots of music but also lots of downtime to hang out with my friends and make new ones as well.

Plus I am not interested in making that long drive any more.

I understand the appeal of Bonnaroo, its got something for everybody. As well, any festival that can have Eminem, Arcade Fire and Widespread Panic headlining and have them coexist is cool as hell and what music should be all about anyway. Despite that fact though I am still not interested in doing Roo and would rather go see Phish for a couple days, closer to home.

The line up is OK, but I am not sure it's soo good it's going to get me to drive 16hrs and deal with 90,000 people again.

I've done it 3 times before but I find Bonnaroo is just too big for it's britches and the sheer mass of peopel is making it a negative concert experience.

I'm going to wait for the possible Phish Watkins Glen and catch Buffalo Springfield somewhere else. Everone else ont his line up I've seen at some time.

Here's hopong Rothbury happens this year.