Jambands.ca

kevin breit in ottawa august 4

phorbesie

Jesse's really accomplished and can percuss on almost anything. At a memorial for Paul Haines (Emily's father) he played a solo on his drum stool overturned - this 'stool sample' was an homage to Paul's sense of humour. Typically they play as Tall Boys of course (Breit, Brubeck, Stewart).

Despite all the Canadian shows I'm a little concerned that Kevin's listing his primary address as somewhere in New Mexico these days, what happened to Elora?

Hmm whats the difference between the Stretch Orchestra and the Tallboys? Same gents...different genre or a name change?

I did a recording at the Guelph Jazzfest with them a couple years ago and they were awesome - Jesse is a killer drummer, and the way Matt Brubeck plays a carbon-fibre cello with effects/bowing/plucking is unreal...

Despite all the Canadian shows I'm a little concerned that Kevin's listing his primary address as somewhere in New Mexico these days, what happened to Elora?

It's been like that since he joined facebook. My guess is that it's a note of his bizarre sense of humour.

Kevin's FB profile is full of tongue-in-cheek data, including his hailing from Roswell, NM.

I'm ashamed to say that I have never seen him and Matt Brubeck play together live - shame on me....

But I've spent plenty of hours in the studio with both (separately), and they are at the *top* of their game. True artists who really can speak through their instruments.

And nice guys.

Respect.

I did a multitrack of this when I was testing out some gear I had built - had some phase issues with the bass mic and snare so the bass comes out a little 'throaty' sounding - the 'bass' is actually a carbon fibre cello that is mic'ed and amped...first time for everything! Kevin's guitar sounds killer - love that beat up little amp...George is track 3 - Hope is a Muscle is the highlight of this show for me...

Here's the mp3's of the whole show-sounds good loud!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5R2LAN6

Did I mention they play 'Like a Virgin'??

• 3 weeks later...