Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

hamilton

Guest Low Roller

Interesting question:

In Montreal people are vocal and complain about the lack of Quebec born players on the team. Tonight the Leafs are icing a team without a single Ontario born player. As a fan of the team, does that bother you at all?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much the stupidest question I have ever asked:

In Montreal people are vocal and complain about the lack of Quebec born players on the team. Tonight the Leafs are icing a team without a single Ontario born player. As a fan of the team, does that bother you at all?

+ 5 Realism

Interesting question:

I've never understood this attitude, but it's true that a lot of people seem to have it; just scroll through the comments on TSN anytime the Leafs acquire a new player. People seem to think that Burke is trying to Americanize the team, presumably because he's American. I really don't think it matters where a player comes from, as long as he makes an improvement to the team. I'd have a hard time saying that the Leafs shouldn't have picked up David Steckel because he is American.

It doesn't bother me at all. Hope they keep getting points. Go leafs go!

The Francois Beauchemin to the Anaheim Ducks for winger Joffery Lupul, defenseman Jake Gardiner, and a conditional 2013 draft pick. Is looking like a great trade so far!

also this..

Phaneuf, Sjostrom, Aulie dealt to Toronto for Stajan, Hagman, Mayers, White.

Is looking great.

Joe Colborne was named AHL player of the month for October.

Looking like another good trade for Burke. They now have some good prospects in the minors and good young players at the nhl level. Remember that kessel is only 24 and 21 year old jake gardner is looking like a great pick up by burke!

• 2 weeks later...