Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest 2012 - Electrofied

bouche

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good call on the deltron 3030..fun stuff :)

i thought zeus' set was great too.

tedeschi trucks was fun, but too much tedeschi not enough trucks for this gal.

only caught the last couple songs of snoop, wasn't impressed. lauryn hill was also lame. oliver mtukudzi was fun but a little too mellow for me at the time.

fun night altogether :)

i think tonight i may watch from the museum driveway for john cougar.

Good Old War should be on everyones list. I saw them at Mariposa last weekend and they stole the show.

As soon as Blitzen was done I sprinted over to the River stage to catch the last 15 min only to find them finishing up their last song 10 min early.

Sorry to Hart and to Kat for dragging you both along for nuthin' Great to see you though!

As soon as Blitzen was done I sprinted over to the River stage to catch the last 15 min only to find them finishing up their last song 10 min early.

Sorry to Hart and to Kat for dragging you both along for nuthin' Great to see you though!

No apologies necessary, hombre. Mad dashes between stages are part of the fun of festivals, and it was great to have a bit of a catchup.

As for me:

I was really impressed with Blitzen Trapper. I hadn't paid much attention to them in the past, but have become a fan. From what I gather they played a mix of material, but the stuff from Furr was what I most enjoyed.

Rich Aucoin was fun, in an over-the-top electro dance party kind of way. I don't think I've ever seen another performer work that hard. He spent almost as much time in the midst of the crowd as he did on stage, and at one point he had us all under a giant parachute, a la grade two gym class. Fun times.

Grimes had one of the most absurd lineups I've ever seen, complete with a very strung out looking guy dancing around the stage. Thing is, he wasn't much of a dancer, which just added to the absurdity of it. I felt like I was watching an SNL sketch.

Bad Religion was fun. I had no idea that the lead singer looked like an accountant, or that he is a PhD and university professor. Crazy.