Ottawa Bluesfest 2012 - Electrofied

bouche

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am interested in some of that there electronica

not for the price of a pass though

this will be the first year in ten at least i have not purchased a pass. i think there are a good many folks will be speaking with their wallets this year. do you think all the kidlets will make up the shortfall with beer sales...i don't.

i just don't see where the extra money rbc put in got spent?

i will be there to answer my dumb questions but i won't be buying my way in this year

is folk fest going to be insane or something?

You can buy 4 day, 5 day, and 6-9 day passes - you pick the days.

Great news Tungsten, your cycling adventures can continue.

Thanks Todd, that is actually good news, just checked it out, 10% discount off ticket prices if you get 4 days, 15% if it's 5 and really the 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th and 12th are decent enough (IMO) and they're weekdays so ticket prices will be reasonable.

I'm doing some comparison shopping if anyone's interested.

4 Day Multi-Pack (4,7,12,14): $189 + $3 delivery charge + $15 package order charge = $207

Full Passport: $250 + $11 fee(s) + $2 RFID fee(s) + $3 delivery charge + $3.50 order charge = $269.50

First of all, the fee detailing is ridiculous. What is a package order charge? Why doesn't the 4-pack have an RFID fee? What is an order charge and how is it different from a package order charge? As if the fees aren't maddening enough on their own without the randomness of it all.

Anyway, looking at those numbers... it's about $60 more for 12 days vs. 4. As much as I didn't think I was going to buy a pass I'm thinking about it now. Of course that also includes more $$ in food and drink and torture on the body but maybe I'd miss that.

Worth considering anyway.

Yeah, and keep in mind there are always last minute additions. It would suck to have to buy an extra if it wasn't on a day in your pack. $8 a day is worth it as announcement insurance if nothing else.

You could also lend or rent out your bracelet if you knew you were getting it back the next day. And that your guest wouldn't spend any of your cash on it!

You could also lend or rent out your bracelet if you knew you were getting it back the next day. And that your guest wouldn't spend any of your cash on it!

But of course your guest would have to use the bracelet to buy food and/or drink since they don't take cash anymore!

[color:purple]Good thing they thought of that contingency!

I keep looking at the schedule and see myself wandering from stage to stage at points with nothing interesting me at all.

As for late additions, according to the grid on July 5th, there are 3 "TBA" spots.

There is also the epic empty Monday with only I Mother Earth, Nickelback, My Darkest Days.

So, does that mean there will be any huge additions? I doubt it.

I dunno...I should change my handle on here to "Complainsy"

hmmm can't decide what to do!

thanks for the math ollie. i should probably still get a pass, but am just not feeling it right now. but it will suck to pay 175 more later if i wait. also considering volunteering, but i really wanna go the first night and i'd have to work that night (to get the free ticket) so that doesn't appeal.

hope they have a few fun announcements left to come.

Apparently, Donald Trump makes 60 bucks every 10 seconds. Not sure if that helps.

The cashless system does seem to be covering all of the issues Ollie and I were talking about since yesterday. Looking good.

Edited by Guest