Jambands.ca

Greenbelt Harvest Picnic Sept. 1st, 2012

edger

Happening again! A great event last year.

Feist

Emmylou Harris

Daniel Lanois

Gord Downie & The Sadies

Sara Harmer

Brian Blade

Brady L. Blade Sr. & the Hallelujiah Train

Mike Master Mike

Jesse Cook

plus more to be announced.

Adults $69.50

Youth (10-16) $19.50

Children 9 and under are free

A couple of contending possibilities for me that weekend, but really glad to see this is happening again.

http://www.harvestpicnic.ca/

• 3 months later...

hey all,

the festival is this weekend. i wondering if anyone here attended the festival last year and can help me with question i have.

what exactly is the deal up close to the stage? the photos from last year show a bunch of blankets spreadout on the ground with families sitting on them. are these blankets there all day and into the evening? ie., do people claim blanket space and then wander around?

events have conspired that will allow us to possibly now attend the show (yay!) but im concerned about whether we will be able to wander up close to stand, dance and see the show, especially later on into the performers, or whether we will be stepping all over people's blankets who've been there all day and just wanna sit.

i know, im a selfish asshole ... but im just wondering what i should expect. :)

thanks!

im concerned about whether we will be able to wander up close to stand, dance and see the show, especially later on into the performers, or whether we will be stepping all over people's blankets who've been there all day and just wanna sit.

Based on my experience from last year, I'd bank on the latter - stepping over peoples' blankets who just want to sit there. I think there was a small section in the front with people standing but I wasn't able to get anywhere near front and centre the one time I tried.

Nevertheless - can't wait for this Saturday! This year's lineup is at least 38% better than last year's.

Mix Master Mike is an odd addition and will definitely add a twist to the flavor of the day and a Beastie Boy montage would surely be welcomed.

One of these things is not like the other.

Probably the funnest part of the night.

Mike Master Mike

Is it the fact that people are mistaking MIKE Master Mike as MIX Master Mike?

Or is he the same dude?