Jambands.ca

Pete Townshend From Hamilton - Jackass!

Marcust99

Devil's advocate:

"We watched The Kids are Alright at least a dozen times. I had to keep explaining to her it wasn't the same band as before -- they don't smash up their equipment, they're older now and they don't behave like that. She understood that, but there was still a part of her that longed for that kind of performance."

So the kid was hoping for a real balls-to-the-walls rock 'n roll show, and the dad backed it up by allowing her to bring a sign suggesting the band harken back to their anarchistic rock rebellion days.

Just please do it without any naughty language and be sure not to offend anyone.

I feel bad for the kid. Pretty classless, even for Mr. Townshend.

I find this Hamilton story particularly amusing because I'm in the middle of Pete's autobiography. I don't think he's ever been much of a classy guy.

At the same time, shoulder riding is a major peeve of mine at concerts so I probably would have applauded anyway. ;)

Haha! Scarred for life. This reminds me of a similar concert moment at Copps Coliseum. The year was 1993 or so, and it was my first concert experience. Guns N Roses in the Hammer (with The Brian May Band opening). Towards the end of the set, Axl got pegged in the leg with a flying water bottle. He fanned the middle finger across the entire arena, threw down the mic and never came back. Slash stepped up with an extra meaty solo to end it off.

Scarred now, sacred later. Just you wait and see.

"Pete Townshend told me to fuck off at a Who concert!!!!"

Ha! Yes!

It's not as if this is the first time Pete's got into it with audiences. He has a fairly long and inglorious track record. I'm curious if dad bothered explaining Moon's bondage scene in The Kids Are Alright - or the Abbie Hoffman Woodstock incident?

Still, too bad about the short-term scarring.

Devil's advocate:

"We watched The Kids are Alright at least a dozen times. I had to keep explaining to her it wasn't the same band as before -- they don't smash up their equipment, they're older now and they don't behave like that. She understood that, but there was still a part of her that longed for that kind of performance."

So the kid was hoping for a real balls-to-the-walls rock 'n roll show, and the dad backed it up by allowing her to bring a sign suggesting the band harken back to their anarchistic rock rebellion days.

Just please do it without any naughty language and be sure not to offend anyone.

yeah, that's what I was thinking. Pretty tame in comparison to what was being presented at bluesfest by LMFAO or Snoop Dog.

• 2 weeks later...