Jambands.ca

2 Explosions at Boston Marathon.

fluffhead77

Some of you might have seen pictures of a man in a cowboy hat helping a man with a missing leg... here's an interview with him... wait until you get to the part about why he was at the race in the first place.

Warning: the image at the top of the page is quite graphic.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/16/carlos-arredondo-boston-marathon-hero-in-a-cowboy-hat-on-the-bombs.html

Edited by Guest

What a disaster. Police claimed they robbed a 7-11 last night (even showed very cropped video snap shot of suspect at a store) - now they claim they didn't rob it. Police claimed one brother had bomb vest, then he didn't, now not sure. Police claimed one suspect ran over the other after he was shot dead in a shootout, now they claim the living suspect escaped on foot not car. (Original reports at 430am were of police running over the suspects body) and now finally, after holding the entire town in lock-down all day with tons of gunfire being reported by residents and media, police say the suspect may not be in Boston at all.

Oddly, on the scanner police were talking about inspecting a body (not the suspect killed), the hearse and route it was to take late this afternoon, so it sounds like someone else was possibly killed.

It's like police squad. :dazed:

After the lockdown was lifted, reports of more gunfire (30+ shots) and apparently suspect was found hiding under tarp in parked boat in a backyard in Watertown. Suspect either dead or in standoff with police apparently.

[edit]

Finally got scanner feed working again and heard "We have movement, just sat up, flailing about" and talk about thermal imaging from blackhawk responsible for locating him. No confirmation if it's the suspect though.

Edited by Guest

Yeah just heard shots fired back at police, they're not returning fire yet to determine if it's "flashback" - whatever that refers to.

Radio silence called as well.

[edit]

It was flashbangs, not flashback - makes sense now.

Edited by Guest

So, they caught the guy and he's off to hospital currently, good. I'm curious though about the others I heard they have in custody, I heard 4 people at first, but then on the scanner I just heard suspect 2, and 3 before they got the guy in the boat.

haven't you ever played COD?

When the first comment came the officer said "flashback" and then corrected himself minutes later.

"hold fire it might be flashbacks" >> "correction, bangs, it might be flashbangs"

[edit to add]

and yes to playing COD, all but black ops series. Never used the flashbangs though, those were for the scrubs. ;)

Edited by Guest