Jambands.ca

rockstars du fromage

snarfmaster C

Seriously though Huey Lewis is the man. He's like a bar band player that worked his way up and then would still play little bar shows after his stadium gigs. Well maybe not stadium. But I do like him- come on Hip To Be Square or I Wanna New Drug- you're coming out against that shit?

quote:

Originally posted by kung:

Seriously though Huey Lewis is the man. He's like a bar band player that worked his way up and then would still play little bar shows after his stadium gigs. Well maybe not stadium. But I do like him- come on Hip To Be Square or I Wanna New Drug- you're coming out against that shit?

and thats the power of love..

can you feel it? [smile]

If I could post pictures I'd probably post some '76 Van Halen.

But since I don't have the know how, I'll defend Huey instead by saying I saw him way back when and he put on a damn good Springsteen-xtra-lite kinda show. And he showed his pee-pee in that movie where Lyle Lovett plays the baker and Tom Waits is married to Rhea Perlman.

Can't diss the Lewww.

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

Can't diss the Lewww.

alright, look. i'm not tryin to diss the lewwwwww. this all started when i saw he's for sale for $100k USD for a single show.... pretty steep if you ask me - even if that is a way-out-of-line asking price. out of line indeed.

remembering back to the good ol days of rockin out with my dad's record player, i thought of what a goofy lookin dude he was. so when i saw some of these pics on the web, now seriously, some of the pics on that page were too funny - i had to share.

this was not intended as a huey-bashin sess, although i'm sure a number of folks on this board would be happy if it were. i did my fair share of dancin to hl&tn in my parents basement back when i was a young'un (probably around the time you saw him in concert velvet [Razz] ), although i'm not intouch with his more recent Vegas appearances.

if any song describes my position in life, however sad, these days 'it's hip to be square' about sums up my socially optimistic approach to my unfortunate geekiness. so i apologize if i've offended anyone, that was not my intention, but i say bring on the fromage!!!!

-

-Huey and the boys, Hard at Play tour

I knew Velvet would back me up (sort of). Plus the guy plays a mean harp. Is he really getting $100K a show, I guess in Vegas I could see it, good on him. That's justice for every faded rockstar stuck working the matinee circuit for a hotel room, couple hundred and backstage crudites.

Huey Lewis will forever get props from me for playing on BabyDrives Me Crazy on Live and Dangerous and Sarah on Black Rose, both albums by the best band out of Ireland ever ... Thin Lizzy. Also , Huey dedicated a music award he got to Thin Lizzy singer Phil Lynott after Phil passed, which I thought was extra classy. I couldn't stand Hip To Be Square or Happy to Be Stuck With You, but have enjoyed some of his other songs, including Do You Believe In Love, which was a minor hit from the album before Sports. Actually, the penis he whipped out in Short Cuts was a fake ... I agree with Arcane, he was good in Duets, kind of a silly movie but I enjoyed it, his duet with Gwynyth Paltrow was quite good. Paul Giamatti sings! Andre Braugher pretends to!

RnB

Archived