Jambands.ca

Roll Call: JSB at Cafe Dekcuf, 2004.02.06

bradm

This Friday, February 6, The Jimmy Swift Band will be swooping through Ottawa to play Cafe Dekcuf. The last time they played here was back in October, and it was great; a Friday night JSB show is gonna be sock-blowin'-off madness.

I'll be there; who else is in?

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. If you have any inkling/equipment to do some taping for this show, please let me know (bradmcmail@yahoo.ca).

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

BradM - I can bring my MD for you to use.

Thanks; with yours, it's looking like we'll have at least two, which'll let us try out the experimental setup, and have a more mundane backup in case of blowup...

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

The Floyd tune? I'm in.

That might make up for the lack of ANYTHING from Animals at the Pink Floyd Experience show last weekend. Yep, they brought out the pig during Run Like Hell.

Yep the very one,I was told it was the first time they played it in 2+ years.

Blew me away to hear it thats for sure.

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

Actually, Pigs (also from Animals, "ha ha charade you are") used to be in heavy rotation in JSB sets.

The last couple of times I've seen them they've playe a Flock of Seagulls tune...

There was a JamHub discussion about JSB cover tunes. ISTR them whippin' out "Around The World" from time to time.

When they played Babylon in Oct. 2003, the Flock Of Seagulls tune they did was "I Ran".

Aloha,

Brad

I'll be there if I can get in the door. Hey, maybe we can have some pre-drinks at my place? I'm pretty much at Elgin and Somerset - it's only a 10 minute walk to Dekcuf. Plus it's a hotel room, so we can pretend we're on a road trip! Let me know if you wanna come by.

Archived