Jambands.ca

Favorite Canadian Bands?

Seamo

Fat Cats!

Loving this trip through memory lane I have been on for the last couple days.So many tales of craziness and debauchory through the years following and seeing these guys,I have no idea where to begin.

munchkins, *giggle!*

(hey, munchkins would actually be a good name for a band... heehee)

favourite home grown acts? hmmm, off the top of my head... kinnie starr, nero, diesel dog, the wassabi collective, lily frost, fox force five, oh & whenever vixen picks up a guitar i melt to pieces. sigh. and velvet gets vote for favourite mc.

the marcO experience? haven't even heard it & i'm sold. [big Grin]

i've also never heard that dr. huxtable band, but am anxious to & i definitely dig their members!

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

rheostatics, nomeansno, metric come to mind right away,

yay tungsten! i told some folks i was a nomeansno fan .... the reply? 'ya, i could tell', or 'i figured', or somn like that ... wha's that all aboot? [Confused] glad to know i'm not alone [Cool]

my fave canadian bands--- neil young, joni mitchell (they are bands in and of themselves!) newer bands i'd say i'm liking the silverhearts and the sadies these days. probably others but i'm not at peak mental performance right now.

quote:

Originally posted by earthfreak:

yay tungsten! i told some folks i was a nomeansno fan .... the reply? 'ya, i could tell', or 'i figured', or somn like that ...

yup i'm just old enough to have seen them a couple times(and the hanson brothers once!)

Pretty well the only band leftover from the Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, GWAR, Ministry, Circle Jerks days....

oh, a story, too, eh?

well, a few years back i went to a rheos show here in london....absolutely plastered...and i decided i had enough liquid courage to approach martin and say hello to him...anyone who knows me knows i get real shy if im within 10 feet of him...i've taken my camera to many a show and never taken a picture....i dont know why...the man is a God to me...anyways...i decide to talk to him, and i guess i had way more than enough liquid courage in me, and i started gushing about how amazing i think he is as an artist. or at least, i was trying to tell him. i was way too drunk to be making any sense, and he just kept laughing at me. so, eventually i just said something to effect of "im not making any sense here, and you keep laughing at me, so im just gonna go away now. have a good show" he laughed and said "ok. thanks." and that was it. i have the show from that nite on cd, and i cant even listen to it anymore, cuz all you can hear are me and my drunken buddy screaming for Saskatchewan ALL FUCKING NIGHT...its embarrassing...and when they mentioned they were playing hamilton the next night, we came up with a chorus of "HAMILLLLLLTOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN....!!"...both originally being from hamilton, i guess we thought it was appropriate to cheer for our hometown.

i ended up holding a door open for him once, too, while accidentally sneaking into a rheos show at Ted's Wrecking Yard...it was the first time i was there, and i didnt know how to get in, and ended up going through the back of the main floor bar and up the back steps. he kinda startled me and i said "hey, you're martin!" and he said "yes i am" and kept walking.

Archived