Jambands.ca

The Etiquette Of Vomiting...

NewRider

I didn't see this but I've heard from a bunch of my friends. My buddy passed out on a bean bag chair while everyone else was still partying. Apperently he projectile puked straight up in the air and the booze soup came splashing down back on his face and clothes, he didn't even flinch, dangerous position to puke in, but everyone kept and eye on him. He turned out fine, except he was a little soiled and stinky.

Originally posted by Phred:

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

...with his shirt off and
naked from the waist down

What did he have left on, a hat?

Ha-ha... no, I meant he had taken his collared, button-down shirt off. I remember he was wearing a wife-beater... and, as a matter of fact, someone did end up putting a hat on him... a rather strategically placed hat, so as not to scare people coming in for a fresh beer out of the bathtub. I'm just glad he didn't puke in the tub. [Eek!]

I witnessed some wonderful etiquette at a party when my friend, with whom I was sharing his Christmas present (40 oz. Crown Royal. Mmmmm!), expressed his desire to puke. This friend (Mark, a former member of Dr. Hux) has never been able to burp, and when it became obvious that one way or another, something was coming up, he politely informed the host:

"I'm just going out to the yard to puke a while, O.K.?" Very considerate, very well controlled, overall good form. After ten minutes of loud, painful-sounding retching, Mark returned and took his place on the couch with another rye and ginger.

I was at the Pearl jam concert at the Amphitheatre last summer and of course we were pre drinkin, smokin even a bit of zoomers. All is weel for me but my buddy got a little too enthusiastic with the Southern Comfort and zooms and just as PJ comes on everyone stands up, we light another spliff and ohoh, here comes trouble. My Peruvian friend turned a colour I have never seen anyone turn, he was literally greener than the grass on the lawns where we were sitting. Needless to say he sits back down, spreads his legs and proceeds to puke between his legs. After ensuring people around us new what was going on we formed a circle so no one would step in the shit and we all went back to partying. He missed the first half of the concert but the rest of us had a great time making fun of him and never letting him live it down. Lightweight!!!

If you’re the self-sacrificing type, you may gallantly leap upon the grenade you’re about to drop and puke on your own chest. I’ve seen it done, but I don’t recommend it. While it may seem noble and save you from a punch, a vomit stain down the front of your shirt is as the mark of Cain. Bartenders will not serve you. Girls will not wish to make out with you. Friends will mock you. For you, the party is over.

---Man, I know all about that one!!!![Embarrassed][Frown]

Do any of the Chatham crew remember Cargo passing out on the toilet after that wicked Other Ones show at the Palace??? That was one of the funniest things i have ever seen in my life. 'I was as fucked up as Cargo on the toilet!!' Chewy didn't you get a picture of that??

• 6 years later...
I didn't see this but I've heard from a bunch of my friends. My buddy passed out on a bean bag chair while everyone else was still partying. Apperently he projectile puked straight up in the air and the booze soup came splashing down back on his face and clothes, he didn't even flinch, dangerous position to puke in, but everyone kept and eye on him. He turned out fine, except he was a little soiled and stinky.

Thats just brutal.

"Any other good vomit stories?"

I got one but am pretty hazy on the details. I know HUX can fill you in and a few other folk.

Best vomit scenario I have EVER seen TISSUE MAN!

Okay...well probably better if someone else tells it but its my favourate puking story ever so I'm going for it!

Tissue man was dressed up as Tissue man at Hoods place...as in his last minute costume involved him taping tissues ALL over and up and down himself.

At some point the poor dude needed a rest and was lying on a bean bag chair(guess these arent the places to rest at parties)..I cant remember exactly who the meanies were...Hux and Gateaux maybe? Well whomever it was started running and jumping on top of the poor fella...which led to him having an emergancy puke scenario...

I remember him at the kitchen sink looking rather desperate and in desperate need of something to tidy his face et up...not sure if it was me or someone who yelled, "use your tissues Tissue man"..most appropriate costume ever!!!

Thats the best I can remember..it was a long time ago.

I might like this story more than others...I love it!

I've puked publicly so many times I can't count. I lost some at Phil's in Kitchener behind a speaker. I went for a walk with Schwa. after we followed cheese fondue with beer. At Guigsy's old place in London I took one swig of whisky after saying that it would make me sick, looked the bloke I was standing with square in the eye and said "you're an asshole" before visiting the stairs down to the parking lot. I hurled behind a pillar at a bar in Montreal while in conversation with four nurses, no one noticed but I told them I wasn't feeling well and needed to leave. It was smooth until I hurled all over the stairwell on the way out. I was out at this huge patio in London and a buddy of mine wanted me to do tequila shots with him, I did, and then I said "sorry, I gotta go puke now" and pushed a bouncer out of the way at the gate only to douse the side of a passing car on Richmond. That was the best.

I once perfomed what is now known as one of the greatest rock n roll moves of all time. It invloved me puking on stage while performing at one of Joni's parties. 15 minutes before the start of our set I had injested way too much molly, and about 30 seconds into our first song I knew something was wrong. I turned around to try and find a suitable spot and ended up spewing all over the stage and down the side of my bass rig. It all happened so fast that I don't think anybody saw what happened, and I didn't even miss a beat. I basically just turned my head, puked, and then went back to playing the song. Fun times!

Archived