Jambands.ca

nero 3.31.02 @ Dekcuf, the challenge is on.

Velvet

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha! that was clever.

so how many is that so far? velvet bouche harpua me, reba, dog@thestation, howler, BB, ms hux, booche, giggles, monkey i guess has to be there , bradm, lowroller, arcane, and neroboy... 16 or so - thats pretty good, but i know there are more lurkers who haven't counted themselves in...

post if you're in...

(are aberg, ace, dave-o coming?

I knew it!! Bug - sweet!! (I know who you are - I had a hunch but wasn't quite sure) I will definitely see you guys there! grin.gif" border="0

As for the costume idea, as booche so graciously pointed out, the next day is april fools day - I'll be dressed as the april fool (a tradition of mine), anybody with me?

Guest Low Roller

To add my nerd two cents in here, April 1st is the start of the new FISCAL year for big corporations, so TECHNICALLY it will be a New Year's on Sunday... as if we really needed another reason to have a blast on Sunday.

Now here's how you fuck with people who are not in the know: we all dress up and start throwing Monopoly money at each other to celebrate the corporate new year.

We'll pack Dekcuf, and then we'll cover it in fake money.

The irony here is quite delicious.

Y'know a "5...4..3...2...1...Happy New Year!" would actually be pretty clever, 'cuz April Fools day comes from when a new calander was introduced. April 1 used to be the first day of the year, but when it got changed to January 1 some people still celebrated New Years on April 1. These people were called "April Fools" 'cuz people supposed that they forgot about the change. I think it's a funny idea, a bit along the lines of the secret Phish language (whatever happened to that anyway?).

I have to admit that I stole the idea from a party at Double B's bro's place in Toronto last May. It was quite a fungus fest when all of a sudden we heard a group of people counting down around midnight...We had no idea what was up. 5...4...3....2...1..."HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!" The entire party lost their collective shit for about half an hour. Funny stuff and i've been looking for an excuse to pull off a similar prank ever since.

I kinda like the monopoly money idea. If we pull it off large the bar will definately remember us in the future.

p.s. sorry about the double post...wierd computer shit.

Whoa down there Treyter.....

Do you want to see Nero play there again?

The bar has to make money. If 100 people show up and DONT buy any beer, what do you think would happen?

The way I see it, bringing in snoots is almost like stealing from the band. If you bring in snoots and still spend approximately the amount of money you would have spent sans snoots, then fine.

Until this bar is definitely on the out-ski's, buy booze there......