Jambands.ca

IQ test

Phred

Congratulations, Esau!

Your IQ score is 118

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

"Congratulations, Sally!

Your IQ score is 131

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind."

Think I can throw this into my resume???

thanks for the ego boost,133. apparently i am a visionary philosopher much like plato. except i am not an asexual freak, (i am a very sexual freak ::) everyone should now come to live with me in the republic of bokonon and forget plato's republic!

you may now begin chanting "we love the leader!" :D

Congratulations, Peter!

Your IQ score is 142

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

sheesh (rolleyes) i still can't find a job ::

No offense to any of the respondents but is it possible that EVERYONE who took this test scored well over 100?

I mean really, I wish employers who had passed me over in the past had used this test. That was freakin easy...... I used to see those types of problems in my Grade 8 "special logic" classes.

And I think if you posted your score on a public message board you should certainly be docked at least 20 points for "Technological Ignorance".

S

First "technical ignorance" I would think is, thinking this is serious,accurate and for real.

I took the test again and recieved a higher score,but entered the same answers according to how I answered the first time.

Third time, I answered some thought were wrong and then recieved an even higher score.

My conclusion:

Its a time killer and just for fun.

phred, i'm about to inflate your ego i think ;), but if you want to rate yourself against anything, 150 is the genius mark in IQ testing.

That's why I looked for this test. I found one that is timed, and only a true/false type one. But I took it and got a 163(???) or something. Which I figured was horeshit. I figured it is too easy to guess on the true/false type test so I looked for a better one. This one is a little better being a one in 4 shot.

They say on this site that they are statisically accurate. Whatever that means.

I found some of these questions tough, especially the picture shapes ones. I liked the math ones a lot though.

P.S 100 is supposed to be statically average. So basically we have a bunch of smart people on this site. :)

While I agree that this is definately not an accurate test for IQ, I disagree that it is a random thing and answering things incorrectly would give you a higher score. I did an experiment and took what I thought to be the trickiest question (that I knew the answer to of course) and purposely answered it wrong and everything the same.

The question I did this with was:

In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. Between Jack and Sandy, who finished first?

This question was a good one to do this with because it seems obvious that they tied, but sandy really won.

When I answered this on as if they tied, my IQ went down to 138. Then I took the test again and answered a simple question wrong.

Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison? LIVED is to DEVIL as 6323 is to:

After that it only dropped to 141.

What does this all mean? I don't have enough to do at work.

No offense to any of the respondents but is it possible that EVERYONE who took this test scored well over 100?

I mean really, I wish employers who had passed me over in the past had used this test. That was freakin easy...... I used to see those types of problems in my Grade 8 "special logic" classes.

And I think if you posted your score on a public message board you should certainly be docked at least 20 points for "Technological Ignorance".

S

geez...sure am glad you started that with "no offense"

speaking of "Technological Ignorance"...ah forget it.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone out there ever taken an actual IQ test - not one of these phoney on-line thingies? I did one once, and while it wasn't a lot different from this one, it was a hell of a lot longer.

It also turned out that I was smarter than I thought - but then, that was the point of the experiment. It was part of a study to find out what people expected their IQ to be, and then what their IQ really was - testing peoples' self-perception of their own intelligence. It was kind of interesting, but I never did find out the results of the study. I'm guessing that very few people estimated their IQs accurately.

Congratulations, John! [My Alias for this test]

Your IQ score is 27

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Complete Moron.

This means you have very little going on intellectually and have little grasp of the skills and insight that are applicable in life. Like a vacuum cleaner, you pretty much suck at everything. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

:(