Jambands.ca

TSOOL IN TO 26/03/05

Jaimoe

Here's a brief, drunken review:

TSOOL raised the fu©kin' roof at The Guvernment. They played a heavy 90 minute set with many, many anthems. The concert built as it went on and by the end of the encore, most people were jumping.

But they weren't done. TSOOL played the Elmocombo later, and the were even better there. Booche, Douglas, POG, Cowboy, my fiance and I ended up singing with Ebbot, TSOOL's lead singer, for Mantra Slider and a few other songs until the end of their set. TSOOL IS THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD.

A real review is coming soon. I am drunk, and 37 years old. Good-night everyone and please check this band out in any capacity!

"Whatanight. What.....a.....night."

This was something else! ElMo was filming a dvd for whatever reason (last night of Blow Out or something?) and I cant wait to see those drunken Swedes drunkingly rocking. They (especially the one guitar player) were drunk and plastered, yet still brought some serious energy. It reminded me of Trey in Bittersweet Motel talking about not caring if they miss some changes, as long as the energy is high.

Anyways, some quotes.............

Douglas : Holy fu©k, Dave Ball is fired up eh? He is talking so fast he isnt even stuttering.

Cowboy : I've known about the band for a week and I am their biggest fan!

Lead Guitar player, stage right (talking to him at the ElMo an hour before they took the stage) : We wanted to play 6 more songs for you, so you will get at least that. What do you want to hear but the band is going to be reeeeeeally drunk.

And were they....................God bless those blasted Swedes!

Having Ebbot come into the crowd was serious sh!t. I was doing my First Tube jumping and fist pumping like a son of a bitch!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I just remembered seeing them at the Guvernment tonight as well. SHITDAMN!

wow!

epic is a word that comes to mind when i think about last nights show(s)

first off...the afternoon started off great over at Jaimoe and Vickies...good food, great company and an introduction into some of TSOOL's earlier cd's thanks to Jaimoe. We had NO idea at that time just how fun our evening was going to be. The show at the Guvernment was absolutely awesome. The room was too loud and the sound was muffled a bit, but the stage presence was pure ROCK n' ROLL! I remember they opened with the first song off their new cd I Believe I've Found and it took off from there. I think it was Mother One Track Mind when Ebbot jumped up on the railing or whatever to get his rock star on...

the one guitarist was fantastic. He had the wailing arm routine going and those jumps with the splits and sh!t...damn cool :: My highlight song of the show would have to be Transcendental Suicide and the BigTime was freakin rockin' live. The fact that they went over and played the elmo afterwards was wicked. Felt good to be in the know with so many of us LOVING this band! I think we were all talking it up and buying drinks for TSOOL at the bar. They dedicated heading for a breakdown to Dave and then kicked out Mantra Slider for him too! Great birthday night Jaimoe!! That was so fun to look around and see Booche and Douglas and Jaimoe with our fists in the air jumping around with Ebbot...classic!

It was nice to see Jay and Lynette and party with Aromatherapy and others off this board at the after party. The living room jam was sounding good when i left there at 4:20am

Large Marge...so glad you came out to see this band. I figured they were going to be right up your alley and i'm glad they didn't disappoint. Way to go telling Ebbott to step it up a little ;)

All i can say is that i hope TSOOL return VERY soon and we can do it all over again. The whole gang of us ::

peace folks

big thanks to Jaimoe and Booche..if i didn't already respect their taste in music i may never have given this band a chance. When the 2 of you guys were going on about them on this board i knew there had to be something there worth exploring...glad i did ::

I talked to guitarist Bjorn Olssen for a long time last night. He loves Canada, Pete Townshend and Borje Salming. He was gracious enough to buy me a birthday beer... and he's heard about Jambands.ca.

Bjorn also told me that TSOOL wants to move towards developing a jam audience - hence The Crowes pairing.

Here's a great shot of Bjorn in action:

soundtrack1.jpg

awesome awesome awesome!!!!

so glad to hear this was such a great show... damn, reading the board, so glad to hear everyone had such a great weekend!!

a chicago report from team scott is still to come... i dont even wanna get into it right now... i do, though....

on a note that is relevant to this thread: thinking of you beautiful fucks, i purchased TSOOL's Behind The Music at the Virgin record store in chicago about 12 hours ago. cant wait to give it a go tomorrow.

hey Jaimoe...i'm loving the 2 earlier cd's i picked up at the show. Especially the song Instant Repeater 99 off welcome to the infant freebase . I think i recall them playing that tune, but can't remember when or at what venue!

You NEED Extended Revelation dude!

I know I need Extended. I've had it in my hands too. I'll get it when I pay for the new TV.

Thanks for the great TSOOL glass. It more than makes up for the three glasses Vicki and I broke over the weekend.

I don't think they played Instant Repeater 99. I played it for you before we left for The Guv. It's one of their slower anthems and I love it too.

For me, Mantra Slider was the high point at the El Mo. Booche said that Bjorn fried some poor dude's Vox amp during Mantra Slider, or was it Sister Surround? Vox amps like that one run somewhere around $1500 minimum. Those poor amps that were lent to TSOOL by some even poorer bar band ain't used to no blistered hard rock.

Booche said that Bjorn fried some poor dude's Vox amp during Mantra Slider, or was it Sister Surround? Vox amps like that one run somewhere around $1500 minimum. Those poor amps that were lent to TSOOL by some even poorer bar band ain't used to no blistered hard rock.

ouch! that's gotta hurt

So if I was to listen to one of their albums, which would you cats recommend?? Just ONE...

i started off buying the new one (Origins vol 1) and went back from there. If they grab you like they did me you'll have 4 of there cd's by the end of next weekend ::

I think behind the music might be my favourite at the moment though. I usually start it at track 10.. independent luxury A song i requested when i was talking to Ebbot, yet did not get :(

Large Marge...so glad you came out to see this band. I figured they were going to be right up your alley

Am I that transparent? ;) They certainly were up my alley, more and more so as the night went on. Thanks so much for the invite... sorry to have missed the pre-party, but happy to rock with everyone at the shows.

Way to go telling Ebbott to step it up a little ;)

Apparently Ebbott likes a woman who tells him what to do ;) ;) ;) Rock and Roll baby!

Cheers!

TSOOL report from NYC (Knitting Factory): Great show, the crowd actually moved around a bit (no Ottawa forcefield in effect). Gotta say their lead singer came off as too much messiah for my taste, although the rapid fans/disciples were lovin' it.

I wasn't totally sold on them but there were some pretty fun moments to be sure.