Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Diesel Dog in Ottawa Sat. night!

Hux

So much great music ... so little time!

I will be there in spirit.

Every time Diesel Dog plays people say to me "wow, these guys are good" and "these guys should be headlining shows" and "holy sh*t these guys are wicked" and "man oh man what a great band" and .......

Peace, Mark

Looking forward to jamming in Ottawa this weekend. If you are interested Mark, there may be a hole we can squeeze you into in Ryan's van between the keyboard amp and my congas... just a suggestion.

And these sissypants I keep hearing about... do they come in plaid??

Yo fellow Bloaks, were headlining so we're probably on hopefully a little after 11pm. We have some new original material we'll also be trying out tonight as well, so we'll need some tough lovin feedback. Have you guys heard much of the other 2 bands, bullmoose and Blues Underdog?? quite the mix of bands I've heard.

i wish i had gotten there just a few songs earlyer, i only caught the last jam. but i dug what i heard, couldnt dance too hard cuz i split my knee open down the street, didnt even notice till i sat down at pepperjack, noticed the blood soakin thru my pants lol

good times,, wish i had gotten there sooner, ill just have to git down extra hard next time i see em [big Grin]

You kids got it down, long live the Diesel Dog......

GREAT band!

Covers of Will It Go Round In Circles and I'm A Man. The song from A Heads Tale was done as well, but I unfortunately dont know the rest of the song titles.

Terrible turnout, but I blame that second band for emptying the bar.

"Live sound, arena rock in a bar" was written on their poster. Absolutely the LOUDEST band I have heard in the Deckuf since I have been going there. Marshall stacks, folks. They truly pissed me off! Horrible shite.........

I wanna thank Floyd for making me laugh, trying to pick a fight with me, and for wearing that God-awful Shithawks shirt!

Loooooooooove that Rhodes keyboard, Jonas (sp?) rolls so well, and everyone has a great time up there. Glad to see they can play well to an empty room.

Around 1am, there were 13 or so of us, and it was all members of the Hub and here.

Too bad, cause they deserve more. We NEED to get them back, and see what would happen to a full room of Ottawa's energenic dancing!

I bet it would rock..............................

Very impressed,

Booche

What Booche said.

Diesel Dog rocks!

Consider me a convert to the Dawg Pound! The whole time driving home last night, I was honking my horn while screaming, Die-sel Dog, Die-sel Dog, intermittently barking and pumping my fist a la Arsenio Hall circa 1987. Then this cop pulled me over and I started yelling at him for not making it to the show, so he let me off with a warning.

Diesel Dog!

Here are some memories/reviewettes...

"Shooting Rubys"...a little "stiff" for my taste; the lead guitar player was pretty good. Well-crafted originals, but, to my ears, these guys didn't arouse any great feeling in me, either way.

"Wisconsin"...Booche, did you ever see Colepaugh at Dekcuf? That was loud; Wisconsin just puts up a wall of fuzz...gad, who needs 2.5 guitars (three guitarists, but one didn't play all the time) and 2 4x12s in Dekcuf? It seemed like they were trying 'way too hard. All fuzz, little feel.

"Diesel Dog"...I've got SARS: "Severe All Repetition Syndrome". Between it and "Second Thoughts", my brain hasn't had much else in it since Saturday night. It was all good, all fun, all funky. I liked what I downloaded; I loved what was played for me. Thank you.

(And as a non-musical side note: the night was made all the better by being able to hang with the DD guys. Has anybody else noticed that members of "jam"bands seem quite a bit cooler, friendlier, and more approachable than other bands?)

Aloha,

Brad

OK. To my ears, the only band that made me put in my earplugs (well, due to volume, anyway...) at Dekcuf was Colepaugh. W. just had too much fuzz, too much of the time. (And very few musical situations require three guitars; after two, the soundscape gets too full and you can't discern each instrument for what it should be.)

Aloha,

Brad

Archived