Jambands.ca

WOWZERS!: BURT NEILSON BAND: 10 Year Anniversary Show!

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've updated the thread with the full annoucement... I hope you are all as excited as me!

The poster painting is of The Burt Neilson's first gig outside of Thunder Bay, as support to The Fat Cats at the Opera House... possibly for Earth Day.. almost 9 years ago.

OperaHouse.jpg

If any of you want to help with promotion especially outside of Toronto (Hamilton, Guelph, Oshawa, Brantford, Peterborough) etc... email me: jay.cleary@gmail.com

Are there any decent hotels within walking distance of The Opera House? Their web page lists a Holiday Inn Express on Lombard St. as their preferred hotel, but it's closer to Yonge St. (which'd be too far a walk). Or would I be better getting something downtown and taking TTC and/or a cab to/from the venue? (None of the travel/hotel websites I know/use seem to let me enter an intersection and find hotels at/near it. :( )

Aloha,

Brad

As much as I enjoy BNB, if this is the concert event of the year in Toronto, we should all try really hard to erase 2006 from our memories.

I'm surprised you said this Basher... In my mind this could be the concert of the year because this community has seen this band grow from day-one... and as fans there aren't that many bands that I've followed for this long, known personally and been vicariously on their journey. I think that this is quite an accomplishment for these musicians and also a testament to this scene who continues to support this band.

I think this will be an emotionally infused show , as members of the Fat Cats, Caution Jam, and former Burt Neilson Band members are getting together for a rare Toronto appearance to celebrate their 10 year legacy. And for me the best shows were when the music touches a emotional chord in the audience.

Edited by Guest
couple of edits

I'd give this the independant band concert of the year designation.

I will definitely attend this show.

An accomplishment indeed.

The press release refers to a "last waltz" type show. That made me feel like they were breaking up or something. I dont think it's the case but nonetheless I thought I'd mention it.

Should be a good one. I would love to see Todd Gilles and Mike Flip wail together.

Last time I saw that it was in my living room through questionable gear and I thought my brain was going to explode.

Deeps

bradm - the Opera House is on the Queen St. streetcar line, so it is easily accessible from anywhere downtown.

Thanks, I figured as much. I was thinking the snag would be getting back to wherever I was staying after the show*, but it looks like the Queen streetcar runs far after last call, and Queen St. is one of the road on which the Blue Light buses/streetcars run, and in a total pinch, a cab from there to Yonge St. (or thereabouts) won't be exorbitant.

Aloha,

Brad

* I've had to leave downtown shows early to get to the subway in time to catch the last train out to the East end when I'm staying with my family.