Jambands.ca

Tattoos!!!

Sarahbelle

nice tat sarah, heres mine

s775465205_1435465

I got this done last summer down at wicked inks on Barton. Did really hurt at first, and im thinking to myself man this isnt that bad. That is until she got to the spine area, I almost passed out and we had to take a 15min break but from there on it wasnt that bad.

I don't think I have any pics, but...

I have Chenrezig 4 arms inked on my right shoulder.

In India he is known as Avalokiteshvara.

The Dalai Lama is known to be a reincarnation of Chenrezig.

chenrezig-m.jpg

In the Tibetan Buddhist pantheon of enlightened beings, Chenrezig is renowned as the embodiment of the compassion of all the Buddhas, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

on the underside of the same arm I have

OM MANI PADME HUM

inked in the Tibetan language

Om Mani Padme Hum in Tibetan Script the famous mantra of Chenrezig, written in Tibetan script. It is said that all the teachings of the Buddha are contained in this mantra. Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), out loud or silently to oneself, invokes his powerful benevolent attention. Viewing the written form of the mantra is said to have the same effect

manihum3.jpg

I have a small canadian flag on my right shoulder but I really want to get another one. I got mine for free because I drove a couple girls to get there's and instead of gas they bought me the flag. I wanted to get Made in Canada around it but when I got back from traveling europe (got the tat two days before leaving) and went to moslon park for a festival pretty much everyone had a flag with made in canada written on it. I got bummed out and never got the letters but realized a year or two later that they were fake tattoos and a promotion for molson canadian.