Jambands.ca

QOTD- Feb 5

gentlemonkey

I kinda think it'd be fun to have some lunch with Bill Gates.

I wouldn't let him talk about lawsuits or politics.

We'd just talk about cool computery stuff, then maybe play some games on a PS2 or Xbox, whichever one he owns in his super mansion.

When his back would be turned, I'd hit him with a pie, and we'd laugh and laugh until the chinese food arrived.

right now- I'm thinking Aldous Huxley- or maybe Will Eisner...they are/were so socially perceptive and I always find myself reading/hearing their thoughts and feeling that we're on such the same wave length...I'd love to test that out in person.

but there are certainly lots of people I've been fascintated enough with in my life to want to sit with and chat-...or musically- right now...have to be Skerik...that guy's perception of noise and funk is awesome...

I love his squeeks and squaks.

After listening to this Garcia interview I downloaded last night, there is NO question I would partake in lunch with him. I think the only problem, is that we wouldnt eat too much. Well, by the sound of the interview, not food anyways.

John Belushi would be a blast as well...............and for that hockey fix, Wayner and I would give'er. Major historical figures would be interesting, but I would want to laugh more than anything.

GentleMonkey is fun to eat. I mean, eat out. I mean eat out with. I mean, ah, forget it.

Hmmm...one of:

Dead people:

• Graham Chapman
  • Jesus Christ
  • John Coltrane
  • Miles Davis
  • Albert Einstein
  • Richard Feynman
  • Jerry Garcia
  • Siddhartha Gotama (a.k.a. the Buddha)
  • Ernie Kovacs
  • Thelonious Monk
  • Frank Zappa

Live people:

• Trey Anastasio
  • Neil Armstrong
  • John Cleese
  • Robin Williams

Wish I could come with more live people...

Aloha,

Brad

On the contrary GM, I think it's a good one.

I'd love to sit with Jerry, just to get the chance to tell him how much he's touched my heart (and okay I wouldn't mind a bit of his magic rubbing off on me either).

Maybe George Harrison as well.

Oscar Wilde might be cool to hang with for an hour as well.

*sheesh* It's hard to limit ones self at times. [Roll Eyes]

gm, i thought your two were the same guy?! well shit, if i thought i was lost before... [Confused]

actually monkey, i think you'd waste a lunch on charlie - he's turned into a total bore. (actually on second thought - maybe he's only a total idiot to parole board people - ya, maybe he'd be more lucid when you dont have the power to send him out)

oh. am i babbling? nevermind

hmm lunch eh?

how about the naked chef - them would be some good eats and he's funny!

or i think i'd enjoy a lunch with sammy davis jr.

but usually i dont like lunches with famous people though

You're right, Davey, Monk had his bad periods, and could come across as a serious space cadet, but if I could get him on a good day (especially with a piano), it might be fun.

Gad, Hunter S. Thompson would be fun. (He has a new book out, and Salon.com did an interview with him. You'll either have to subscribe or view some ads [to get a day-pass] to read it.)

And Jim Henson would be an amazing lunch partner, CatPhish. The amount of imagination and creativity in the man is staggering, and the amount of enjoyment he's provided is almost beyond compare.

Aloha,

Brad

Bach (wine and cheese)

Peter Sellers (spaghetti)

Andy Kaufman (martini lunch)

George W. Bush (acid party with a jar of peanut butter at a reading of Gibran's 'The Prophet')

Adam & Eve (fruit salad)

Siddhartha Gotama (wu see chicken ordered in from So Good)

Tom Waits (scotch and peanuts)

and, if I could wait a table for any party of people, living or dead, it would be:

Jesus, Mohommad, Moses, and Micheal Enright having pitchers and chicken wings at the Oak.

Archived