Jambands.ca

Crossing the border into Mexico?

Ms Zimmy

Are you driving across? I have crossed several times by car and have had no problems. Didn't even have a passport or anything. They just asked where I was from and how long I was staying and that's about it.. Was there for less than 3 minutes.

I don't know if this will help since I'm American and it might be a bit different for a Canadian, but I'm not sure..

I think they welcome any tourists they can get though.

No problems what soever when we crossed and if anyone was gonna have a problem it would've been us, 4 dudes, in a Orange VW bus withthe license plate Gr8ful, wearing tie dyes.... let us right through basically no issues that was in 2001 though

hehe, yes. I think there have been 15 or 16 murders of Canadians in Mexico since 2002. Over a million Canadians travel to Mexico every year. Were any of those who died targeted because of their nationality? Or was it wrong place wrong time?

It's still unsure whether Canadians are targeted, according to reports from our officials and journalists - from all accounts that I've read or seen on the news - but it's a troubling statistic. Mexico isn't the only vacationing hot-spot, but it seems to be getting more dangerous. The last murder was unbelievable. At least we got that woman back from the Mexican prison.

Any worry about the rash of Canadians getting murdered in Mexico over the last few years, the most recent being the unsolved killing of a B.C. man? Just curious.

Not worried. I've been to Mexico a few times but never in Cancun.

I have relatives in Puerto Vallarta.

I realize that murders can happen to anyone, but I have seen the way tourists act in Mexico and it's sad. It's the difference between a traveler and a tourist, travelers want to experience a different way of life while tourists want the comforts of home.

Not worried. I've been to Mexico a few times but never in Cancun.

I have relatives in Puerto Vallarta.

I realize that murders can happen to anyone, but I have seen the way tourists act in Mexico and it's sad. It's the difference between a traveler and a tourist, travelers want to experience a different way of life while tourists want the comforts of home.

i wanna go to mexico too...

I've crossed the border into Mexico with no problems whatsoever. It's easier to cross into Mexico from the US then it is to cross into Canada from the US as a Candian citizen. Just bring your passport, even though I don't think you need it.

Any worry about the rash of Canadians getting murdered in Mexico over the last few years, the most recent being the unsolved killing of a B.C. man? Just curious.

when I read the Sun on weekends I get the impression Toronto's one big gun-totting looney bin, but when I visit its mostly smiling people and a healthy hustle bustle of busy... figure Mexico's a lot like that... like AD said, the odds are decidedly against you running into trouble

if there's a gun in your city there's a possiblility you can get shot, don't mean you're going to... anyone I know who's been to Mexico loved it... a girl I know moved into a cabin by herself in a very rural area for 4 months after living in Mexican cities for a 2 months and just always says it was one of the best times of her life... have fun!