Jambands.ca

NFL 2008-2009 Season

Thorgnor

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friend sounds like awesomeness. I wouldnt argue against his point. The Lions drove Barry to quit football at the peak of his career! Hell, a part of me still thinks he could come back and be dominate having shaved years of abuse off his body. The Raiders should sign him!

Speaking of which, the only thing salvageable with regards to another God-awful year in Raider Nation is JP Another Loss Man and the Bills.

A few reasons but the main ones being forced to watch them every Sunday while growing up in Kingston. They seemingly were always the 1 oclock game (and we would only get one). I just wanted some variety and luckily was already a Raiders fan.

Another reason..........Jim Kelly.

I hated everything about him stemming from an interview in Sports Illustrated while he was playing in the USFL. He said he would beat Marino's records if he was a QB in the NFL.

Ugh.

But I have been to a game in Buffalo and had a great time. No denying that.

If you put Mats Sundin on those 4 Bills teams that went to the Super Bowl they would have come away with 5 wins....at least!

Fuck that!! Sundin has size but the only time he ever used it was during that commercial years ago. The one where he crunches the guy up against the store window. It may have been for Nike, I'm not sure.

I guess he could have been a kicker :)

A friend of mine is adamant that Detroit is only getting what they deserve after not letting Barry Sanders get a trade to another team. I wasn't following football back then so I can't really comment, but my buddy gets worked into a frenzy every time he brings it up, lol.

Punk, I also agree with your buddy. Sanders was and is my favourite player in the NFL. He quit because the Lions were perpetual losers and it was not going to get any better. And obviously it hasn't.

I will also agree with Booche, that Sanders could have come back in the last few years he still could have rushed for 1000 yards. Fuck Emmitt Smith, that is Barry's record. I know it is Ifs and Buts, but if Barry would have kept going he probably would have had over 30 000 yards. Barry was the best.