Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Sundin. He shit the bed when he wouldn't let the leafs trade him at the deadline. All his loyalty talk was a bunch of bullshit.

Really, what did Sundin accomplish?

Last time I checked, it was the *team* that didn't do well. It's pretty ridiculous to pin the entire team's fortunes on one player. You might as well say that Kovalchuk is shit because Atlanta didn't win the Cup, or that Nash is shit because Columbus didn't win the Cup.

Sundin got a no-trade-clause and DESERVED it. Recent history is suggesting he loved being a Leaf while their fans are seemingly missing that point. He cant figure out whatthefuck to do!

And dont nobody fault him for signing outside of Toronto. Hell, I would respect him even more if he came back to play and signed with the Leafs although I would think that would be incredible stupid on his part.

And dont nobody fault him for signing outside of Toronto. Hell, I would respect him even more if he came back to play and signed with the Leafs although I would think that would be incredible stupid on his part.

I'd never give him grief for signing outside of Toronto (except maybe Ottawa ). I completely agree with ya Booche. The drawn-out time it has taken has gotten a lot of people just a little pissy ;)

I think there's that and the fact that he watched all his buddies go through a bunch of BS after signing their contracts (bullied into waiving no-trade clauses). I think, and it's merely speculation, that there's a part of Sundin that didnt want to be bitched around by Maple Leaf management so he chose to act the way he did. Maybe just out of a little bit of spite...

Maybe spite is the wrong/too strong of a word...but he stayed loyal over the past 3 or 4 seasons, even though management was obviously doing their best to fuck shit up. Then, to show their appreciation, they try to run him out of town at the end of last year. Would you waive your no trade clause at that point?

It's too easy to say "he just loves the Leafs." If that's the case, then he hasnt been paying enough attention to the BS that's been going on around him.

Can it really be that he just isn't sure if he wants to play or not? He's pushing 40, the seasons seem longer and his drive is just less.

He has so many offers. Money (Van) History (Tor) Contenders (Mon / NYR). I think the media is whipping up a frenzie. Let the guy decide in his time (not ours) if he even wants to play and then go from there. Sundin has ALWAYS been known as a slow decision maker this is par for the course.

I personally have one big MEH as to whether he comes back to the Leafs or plays for another team or retires. Life goes on, for him and hockey. The Leafs are rebuilding and having his salary (potential salary) to spread around to more young talent is a definite plus. Being a Leaf fan I personally feel he deserves better than he's ever gotten in Toronto...the Cam Neeley of Toronto IMO.

He should just do what he wants and the media should fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...