Jambands.ca

Top notch acoustic guitar players?

c-towns

In what genre? And are we talking strictly dedicated flat-toppers? This could easily sway into guitar players who from time to time play acoustic...

Seems like JayR likes the hammer tappers (and a couple Stonebridge endorsed players)

Bluegrass - Tony, Doc, Russ, Clarence, Canada's Marc Roy

Jazz - Tony, Lenny, John McL, Chet

Fingerstyle - Lenny, Don, Pierre, Chet

anything on an acoustic or any other guitar for that matter - Lenny and Chet

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

Edited by Guest

Seems like JayR likes the hammer tappers (and a couple Stonebridge endorsed players)

Hammer-tappers! Ever since I first stumbled into Kaki Kings set at Bonnaroo 2003 I've been hooked.

As for other genres I'd have to add:

Robert Johnson

Leo Kottke

Lightning Hopkins

Hedges was indeed a great player...I just never liked anything (most of anything I guess) he did musically...but one can't deny his inventiveness on the instrument...he's like Keller for me though; something I'm just more or less bored with...

There's also a cat named Roger Schmidt that runs the Stonebridge Guitar Company that endorses Antoine and Andy and he's a SICK player...

Check these two out of Roger killing it:

and

ENJOY,

Edited by Guest

Yha, Roger's one of the best...and one of the nicest guys you'll EVER meet..

Funny thing (or actually kinda disgusting thing) is that he rarely gets a chance to play or practice for that matter. Stonebridge Guitars are still relatively new and he's the man behind the company so he's always off somewhere...

He usually shows up at the Canadian Fingerstyle Championships and places top 5 without being prepared or anything...crazy...