Jambands.ca

Hampton Pollock

Basher

alhj0p.jpg

Jim Pollock Official Print

First up, a hand-pressed Pollock Hampton poster commemorating all 3 nights. It'll be a three color block print in an edition of 750, with Pollock's more traditional oil-based inks. These ink go on thick, often featuring thumbprints on front, and ink from the previous poster on the back.

According to my source close to Pollock, “these are what collectors have been waiting for the past 4 or 5 years.†With a run size that small, you better bring some sneakers. It's gonna be a foot race.

I wonder if he ever sells the actual carved blocks, stencils or lino's. I'm not sure what you call those. That'd be sweeet.

Love the idea of the phoenix rising but can't say I like that print much. That house print is amazing to me.

I LOVE that a wicked cool artist scored an awesome, kick-ass, gig and gets to live his life doing his artist thing forever.

That's fairy tale lane! Love that!

they actually came in three colours, one for each night.

01f4.jpg

01f4.jpg

01f4.jpg

note that this is the same artist/studio, House Industries, that made these:

001f.jpg

a lot of collectors (including myself) think the Cinci Pod Racer is one of the best Phish Show Prints ever made.

fwiw, Pollocks always sell way over their value when first released because of the hype. they will settle down at a much more reasonable price, probably less than $250 or so. never buy a new pollock when it first hits ebay.

they actually came in three colours, one for each night.

01f4.jpg

01f4.jpg

01f4.jpg

note that this is the same artist/studio, House Industries, that made these:

001f.jpg

a lot of collectors (including myself) think the Cinci Pod Racer is one of the best Phish Show Prints ever made.

fwiw, Pollocks always sell way over their value when first released because of the hype. they will settle down at a much more reasonable price, probably less than $250 or so. never buy a new pollock when it first hits ebay.

I have that Cinci print all framed up at my house. It looks sweet.

Also, I have been checking Ebay for other prints that I would like to buy, but I can't seem to find the ones I am looking for. Does anyone know of a good site where I might be able to find some prints? eg., SPAC

The house posters came in two colors; I grabbed two and sold one to gentlemonkey. I like the design a lot. That was the design on the tickets too.

They came in three colours, one for each colour design for the tickets.

Also I had friends wait in line in vain for the Pollock the first night where we were right up front in the line to get in and he still did not get the print.

When my friend and I flew in from Buffalo we had a lay over in Baltimore and Pollock was on our plane. We spoke to him after we got off and he was a very kind and easygoing fellow.

Peace,

Tim

yeah, EB is the central repository of all things concert posterish. its an invaluable resource. members also buy and sell privately via the site, so one does not necessarily need to go to ebay. ive made several trades via EB.

if you do buy a print via ebay, check to see if the auction is listed on EB and use the link provided to direct to the auction. EB makes a few pennies that way.

do you have a pic of your framed pod racer, whitey? some cool possibilities for wild matting and frame colours with that one.