Jambands.ca

Poll: ABBA - awesome or sick???

Hux

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, the one thing these threads have done for me is kind of make me want to check out some Rush again. I loved them when I was in Grade school.

Although, I think Laurie would leave me if I went doen that road. [Roll Eyes] No matter what, enjoying Rush seems to require a higher level of testosterone than many other bands. Gotta have the hang-low.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

After you're finished listening to Terrapin, make sure you throw on these Dead masterpieces: Shakedown Street, Go To Heaven and Built To Last. For an encore I highly recommend The Best Of Mickey Hart.

Excellent Jaimoe, thanks - those will actually go great with the one Dead CD I actually do already own, "Dylan & The Dead". Now there's a great masterwork for the ages, best 6.99 I ever spent! That CD made me want to run and get a bunch of Dead immediately - somehow never got around to it thou... musta got distracted...

- M.

"Ironically, the one thing these threads have done for me is kind of make me want to check out some Rush again."

Come on over to my place MarcO, because that is EXACTLY what this debate has got me doing.

I am going to 'suck' on some 'stink' and see for myself what the deal is.

I love that Rush tune that goes....

baaa da da da da baaaa da da da da

My buddy Jeff used to bang away on his drums to Rush in his basement when I was in grade 7 and 8. His older brother had all the Rush, and we'd just hang out....and listen to Rush.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Wait a second, wait a second, is it:

Baaa da da-dut

[pause]

Baaa da da-dut-dut

[pause]

Baaa da da-dut

[pause]

Baaa da da-dut-dut-dut

'Cus that's Cygnus X-1 (Book 1), baby! Now you're talking:

In the constellation of Cygnus

There lurks a mysterious, invisible force

The Black Hole

Of Cygnus X-1

Six Stars of the Northern Cross

In mourning for their sister's loss

In a final flash of glory

Nevermore to grace the night....

That's what real music is about, black holes and exploding spaceships and ancient gods kicking the crap out of each other.

Fuck all your peace and love crap, gimme some of that anytime!

I set a course just east of Lyra

And northwest of Pegasus

Flew into the light of Deneb

Sailed across the Milky Way

On my ship, the 'Rocinante'

Wheeling through the galaxies,

Headed for the heart of Cygnus

Headlong into mystery

YAH FUGGGAS!

- M.

you rush haters need to listened to some old stuff......hemispheres, 2112, caress of steel, fly by night etc...

but i dont know, i guess progressive rock isnt everyones bag, I understand that.....

i have always been a lover of complexety, both in my art and music, which is why i love bands like Rush, Yes, Frank Zappa, Dream Theater etc.... but i can also appreciate the simpler things too like Neil Young, Dylan, etc.

as open minded as i am (jazz, classical, blues,folk, bluegrass, funk, classic rock, metal---speed metal etc.) i do usually stay away from some the stuff that came out in the 80's, it was a weird time of synthesizers and neon colours and yes mullets

but even though i dont get into some of the 80-90s rush, i usually do end up appreciating it when i hear it on the radio or see it live, and recognize its complexity in comparison to most of stuff on the radio

Geddys voice isnt for everyone, neither is Neil Youngs, neither is Jerry Garcias, neither is dylans but i cant get enough of them

I LOVE MUSIC!!!!

Archived