Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest rumours?

gentlemonkey

lets see some new bluegrass this year. And I dont mean newgrass, I mean a different bluegrass artist. I know: GRISMAN QUINTET!!

Or how about moe. headlining the hardrock stage-- boy oh boy, that would be fun!

if david grisman came i would loose my lid. Saw him for the first time this year at bonnaroo. and i need much more. Del Mccoury too. And why not mearl haggard while they are at it. :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys want your Bluegrass? Those artists are all playing near Albany on the second weekend of Bluesfest....

GREY FOX BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL

July 15-18, 2010

On the Walsh Farm, Oak Hill, NY

featuring...

Sam Bush • Kathy Mattea • Tim O'Brien

Doyle Lawson • David Grisman Bluegrass Experience• Del McCoury

The Gibson Brothers • Donna the Buffalo

Crooked Still • The Greencards and many more.

You guys want your Bluegrass? Those artists are all playing near Albany on the second weekend of Bluesfest....

GREY FOX BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL

July 15-18, 2010

On the Walsh Farm, Oak Hill, NY

featuring...

Sam Bush • Kathy Mattea • Tim O'Brien

Doyle Lawson • David Grisman Bluegrass Experience• Del McCoury

The Gibson Brothers • Donna the Buffalo

Crooked Still • The Greencards and many more.

http://www.greyfoxbluegrass.com

Aloha,

Brad

It'd be really nice to see something jammy finally work out at this festival. I think the key might be to have it at a smaller stage.. (hard rock or black sheep)..

Looking back, that SCI/UM tour had that insane hurricane put a stop to it, moe. was mismatched opening for P-funk... and Panic was a pretty sad night crowdwise..

It'd be really nice to see something jammy finally work out at this festival. I think the key might be to have it at a smaller stage.. (hard rock or black sheep)..

Looking back, that SCI/UM tour had that insane hurricane put a stop to it, moe. was mismatched opening for P-funk... and Panic was a pretty sad night crowdwise..

Cornmeal or YMSB would be fun, as would Envelope 3.

Aloha,

Brad

yeah umphreys had a good crowd and many were pouring i for sci...keller's stage was busy and then the storm hit.

moe. was a midly lame crowd but wsp's emptiness was brutal reminded me of ubuf in '99.

too bad really but i am glad bluesfest keeps trying.

john butler is touring this summer that would be good...would also like to see umphreys back again.

I'd have to agree with the Felice Bros although they seem more suited to Hillside. Everytime they shuffle on my ipod my ears prick up with relief. Even at the restaurant I've been picking up a few shifts at they quickly let me put on my ipod when I wanted and within a minute of a Felice Bros song playing a regular was at the counter asking what it was. I felt like the guy in High Fidelity selling Beta Band EPs.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be awesome AD!

Can't see it happening though.

edit to add: These dates are from the Dream Theater site.

US / Canada tour dates 2010

Wed June 9th - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center

Fri June 11th - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

Sat June 12th - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Mon June 14th - Denver, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheater

Wed June 16th - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion

Thu June 17th - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

Sat June 19th - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheater

Sun June 20th - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion

Tue June 22nd - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheater

Thu June 24th - Vancouver, BC - GM Place

Sat June 26th - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

Tue June 29th - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

Sat July 3rd - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheater

Tue July 6th - Ottawa, ON - Blues Fest

Wed July 7th - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

Fri July 9th - Quebec City, QC - International Summer Festival

Sun July 11th - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

Mon July 12th - New York City - Madison Square Garden

Wed July 14th - Pittsburgh, PA - Post Gazette Pavilion

Thu July 15th - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center

Sat July 17th - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Theatre

Sun July 18th - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater

Tue July 20th - Washington DC - Nissan Pavilion

Edited by Guest
I was wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto and Montreal tickets for Maiden going on sale today...I'm buying some for Toronto just in case they don't go to Bluesfest...and a metal show at the Amphitheatre should be good.

But indeed Bluesfest looks likely huh?...and looks like it will be a pre-bluesfest show on the 6th? Festival starts on the 7th.

It's no longer listed on the Dream Theater web site but this is the newsletter they sent out on March 4th and it's listed there.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uacm/message/273

http://www.bravewords.com/news/133741

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called The Final Frontier, and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with special guests DREAM THEATER to open in Dallas, Texas, on June 9th and finish in Washington D.C. on July 20th, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

The full Live Nation North America press release for the North American Tour is posted here.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the Iron Maiden fan club first access to tickets to the North American Maiden Shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday, March 13th at 10 AM (PST) (10 AM, EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal).

Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday, March 10th at 10 AM (PST) through to Thursday, March 11th at 6 PM (PST) (EST for Toronto).

Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive Pre-Sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the US Shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday, March 20th at 10 AM (EST).

Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday, March 17th at 10 AM (EST) through to Thursday, March 18th at 6 PM (EST).

As Iron Maiden are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy: More information on Ticketmaster Paperless Ticketing can be found here.

To give Iron Maiden fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover The Final Frontier World Tour. This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.

June

9 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center

11 - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

12 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

14 - Denver, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheater

16 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion

17 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

19 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheater

20 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion

22 - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheater

24 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place

26 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place