Jambands.ca

NFL 2011

Whitey

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today on ESPN.com they had a graphic: most fourth quarter or overtime comebacks by a rookie quarterback in his first eleven starts. Tebow is, of course, #1. I found it funny, though, the extent to which they had to reach to find any quantitative measure by which Tebow is exceptional.

Personally, I'm hoping that they nab the wildcard and get trounced in the first round by a team that doesn't collapse for the five minutes a game Tebow decides to show up.

Christ, if I had to bet I'd pick the Broncos to take the division, they won't need the wild card. They're a game up on the Raiders and they have the tie breaker.

Thing about Tebow is he's great against soft zone coverage and that's what teams play in the NFL when they're up by 10 with 4 minutes left and that's where the Broncos have been lately. Tebow and those receivers can't do shit against press coverage but the Bears (like everyone else) got out of the defense they played with great success all game because they didn't want to give up the big pass. Fuck that, the Broncos receivers all have the drops and Tebow has zero success against legit schemes.

Barber not going out of bounds is a mental gaffe that a veteran simply should never make. That was pathetic.

I wish the Broncos D would get more respect because they're actually why the Broncos are winning all these games, they keep it close and the score low.

Very interesting to see what happens against the Pat's piss poor secondary next week. Shit the Redskins hung 27 points on them this weekend and they're fucking terrible on offense.

On a side note, I've never loved Eli Manning more. Well, I've never loved him period but last night I had to let the hate go and revel in that win. The series of shots of Jerry Jones' box going from elation to tears was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

God love ya Sloth. All the best in 2012 my dear friend. I love how the Raiders set the record for most penalties in a season.

I just finished watching the game and I was positive the following moment changed the momentum, and was especially convinced during the almost safety on the ensuing kickoff:

14jb8na.jpg

I actually thought he made more pro caliber throws than he usually does. He holds the ball too long and his release time isn't that great but he's improving. It didn't hurt that Ike Taylor probably played the worst game of his career.

The numerology thing is just too good, the bible thumpers are going to eat it up.