Jambands.ca

NFL 2011

Whitey

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will either prove to be genius, or hurt them for the next half a decade....

In a pre-draft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick, according to a source in Cleveland familiar with the terms of the deal.

The trade, first reported by FoxSports.com, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, but it is expected to become official then.

More from ESPN.com

The Redskins now have the inside track to quarterback Robert Griffin III. But it cost them a pretty penny, writes Dan Graziano. Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rams acquired three first-rounders and one second-rounder for the No. 2 pick. Score that a win for a St. Louis, writes Mike Sando. Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minnesota's win in Week 16 not only cost the Vikings QB Robert Griffin III, but a nice bundle of draft picks, writes Kevin Seifert. Blog

• NFL Nation: Complete analysis

• Hensley: Browns lose out, too

• SportsNation: Vote on trade

• NFL draft coverage

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams will also receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

I didn't want them to do this, but it's done.

It's too many potential starters compounded by the fact the NFL is entering the era where they've fixed the the rookie contract problem but that said, and I need to rationalize this somehow, the Redskins haven't exactly been gangbusters on draft day, maybe this will work out for the better.

At least there be will lots of Redskins coverage on the tube ....... I'm grasping.

Peyton is just inking his deal with the Broncos. Fucking glorious. Suck it Raiders (though there's probably a better chance Peyton will be a bust but supposedly he's throwing the ball really well).

I'm torn now between which soap opera I want, the Tebow lunatics chanting for Tebow when it's goal line or short yardage which will completely piss off Peyton or having Tebow traded to Miami because he is literally a god down there and Miami is desperate for anything to put butts in the seats.

I hope he goes to the Fish.

edit: Contract is rumoured to be 5 for 95.

Edited by Guest

You should stick with hockey. No wait, the other football.

I don't want Tebow within 1000 miles of a Patriot's uniform. Tebow is a disaster, a glorious disaster that brings me nothing but joy in the circus he creates but a disaster none the less. He didn't lead Denver to the playoffs, their defence did. Those games they came back on, most of them were complete fuckups on the other teams part.

I do love watching him try to play the position though. We should bet a beer or something that where ever Timmy goes he's going to stink it up, fullback playing quarterback styles. We would have to come up with parameters of what suck is though, let's wait and see where he ends up.

You know last time I checked PeyPey had a terrible record in cold, outdoor playoff games. Im still shocked he didn't go to SF.

edit: Rumour mill has it that the Donkeys will use up a first round pick and sign Mike Wallace from the Steelers because the Steelers are in cap hell and can't match. That would be crazy, Mike Wallace is fucking amazing and ridiculously fast.

tebowplucked.jpg

Edited by Guest

Yeah, okay that would be awesomely hilarious but a) Tebow wants to QB B) the Pats run packages with Woodhead, Green-Ellis, Faulk, Edelman, Welker and now Hernandez out of the backfield, they don't need more c) Belichick wouldn't allow the zoo that is Tebowmania to mess with his insane control.

Now that I've said that watch them trade for him.

You wish and you shall receive Ollie .......

The Patriots have also been mentioned as a suitor for Tebow, though he would have to assume a backup role behind Tom Brady.

Head coach Bill Belichick has expressed admiration for the former Heisman Trophy winner, and New England's offensive coordinator is Josh McDaniels, who was the Broncos' coach when the team drafted Tebow.

........ Jesus.

The Dolphins just signed David Garrard to a one year, that doesn't eliminate the Tebow move though, at least I hope it doesn't.

I did some more reading on the Tebow/Pats thing and it seems to be based solely on the fact Josh McDaniels drafted him and Bill is friends with Urban Myer and had dinner with Tebow in 2010.

I’m praying, Tebow styles, that they don't do this because I'm actually a bit of a Ryan Mallett fan from his Arkansas days and I don't think Tebow is even a serviceable backup because he can't run the Patriot's offence (or any pro style offence for that matter) and they'd have to switch gears into the spread option. I will say this though, if it happens I promise I'll get a Tebow Patriots m00njersey just to wear it ironically.

I don't know why the Broncos would get rid of him when they finally have a teacher on their squad and when they could run some of the most disgusting wildcats ever on every other down just to tire the other team out. Imagine dealing with Tebow for three quaters and then having to stop Manning. Or Manning at the start, Tebow in the middle, Manning to bring it all home. I don't see why these guys can't work together? Why does Tebow have to start for the next three years to start after that? What's wrong with having two very good and very different QBs?

For all of that, I don't know why Irsay would let Manning go when he could have a vet like him teach whoever he lands in the draft for a season or two? It didn't hurt Flynn or Rogers to play behind someone really really good for awhile, did it?

Edited by Guest