Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

hamilton

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 5-0 game was probably the worst live viewing experience I've ever had at a Sens game....

Boring game from my perspective but it had some moments of blinding brilliance.

The Leaf fans are outwaving us in our own building. This is a fucking nightmare.

Truly awful.

Whatever I take enough shit for being a leaf fan from all my friends. Been one for years, could be worse I could cheer for Montreal and Toronto like some people on this forum.

I cheer for the Sens, Redskins and Jays and I was backpacking in India during the Sens Stanley Cup run so trust me, you're not alone in Sports Hell.

Guest Low Roller
That 5-0 game was probably the worst live viewing experience I've ever had at a Sens game, and that's including the Civic Centre years when they were just terrible.

Speaking of which, I was at the game where the crowd turned on GM Randy Sexton and chanted "Sexton's gotta go!" for an entire period, similar to the Toronto crowd chanting "Fire Wilson!". Sexton's replacement? Pierre Gauthier.

This thread is showing more life than the actual Leafs......wait, what have I done? Damn it!

Good thing you dropped the Raptors and the NBA.

I'm done with the Craptors, I don't care if they put a team together, I'm done. I want all my time back. That said, I thought last year's playoffs were fucking great and I'm looking forward to this year's.

Speaking of which, I was at the game where the crowd turned on GM Randy Sexton and chanted "Sexton's gotta go!" for an entire period, similar to the Toronto crowd chanting "Fire Wilson!". Sexton's replacement? Pierre Gauthier.

Good times.

I'm not getting invited to any more games am I?

Jury is still out, I've got to consult the bones.

I love where this thread has gone since my last post and a BIG thank you to booche for his last.

Great quote on City news tonight... Katherine says "She has as much chance of beginning a gymnastics career as the Leafs have on making the playoffs". I love Toronto media... its fun living here even if we suck.

There you go boys. Wiiiiiiiilson.

Gotta admit, I have a ton of respect for Burke holding onto his head coach as long as he did with all that public pressure. Sure wish Pierre Gauthier had the fuckingballs to offer even a quarter of that patience towards Jacques Martin.

Am I the only one who doesn't get joy from a coach being fired?

I fucking hate it because it seems to be always a distraction from the real problems, which is why I am impressed Burke held onto Ron Wilson as long as he did.

The Jacques Martin firing was one of the stupidest coach firings I have ever seen any of my favorite teams do but lets be serious for a moment. TONS of folks who know absolutely nothing about what is going on love to say "So and so lost the room" just because said team isnt winning.

Its always about whether or not your players are performing. That is way more important than "systems" and "control" and whatever other bullshit you want to throw down.

Am I the only one who doesn't get joy from a coach being fired?

I fucking hate it because it seems to be always a distraction from the real problems' date=' which is why I am impressed Burke held onto Ron Wilson as long as he did.

The Jacques Martin firing was one of the stupidest coach firings I have ever seen any of my favorite teams do but lets be serious for a moment. TONS of folks who know absolutely nothing about what is going on love to say "So and so lost the room" just because said team isnt winning.

Its always about whether or not your players are performing. That is way more important than "systems" and "control" and whatever other bullshit you want to throw down. [/quote']

You're talking about when the Sens fired him right?

Guest Low Roller

Pretty high price tag for Grabo. $5.5M over 5 years might be a little much, but Grabo was negotiating from a position of complete power given the shitty FA market for centers this year.