Jambands.ca

RBC Bluesfest 2015 lineup

bouche

So for the 3-day passes, which are loaded onto an RFID card this year, there is a $5 service charge per day, then a $5 service charge for the order. Then I backed out of the order to reevaluate. So even before tax and shipping (and perhaps a handling charge which was TBA) there is a 20% markup on the tickets.

What is this service?   

Been a while since I bought tickets to a festival, but the charges are excessive, no?  I looked at all the options on the website and it's $25 on top of a multi-day pass (full festival, pick 3 or 5) and $20 on top of any single day ticket.

If buying online there are multiple fees for every ticket, they are unavoidable. Maybe some of those fees would be waived if purchased in-person somewhere (shipping at a minimum I'd hope), but I don't know that for sure.

Rolling Stones 2015 North American tour dates

May 24: Petco Park, San Diego

May 30: Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio

June 3: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota

June 6: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas

June 9: Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia

June 12: Citrus Bowl Stadium, Orlando, Florida

June 17: LP Field, Nashville, Tennessee

June 20: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

June 23: Marcus Amphitheatre, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

June 27: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri

July 1: Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, North Carolina

July 4: Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, Indiana

July 8: Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan

July 11: Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, New York

July 15: Le Festival d'ete de Quebec, Quebec City

Damn. I really wanted to see these guys this summer but all the closet dates are right around Chicago so I highly doubt it is in the cards for me. Edit to add I have been reading Keith Richard's "Life" memoirs...really informative and entertaining read and window into who he is.

I assume they have left lots of dates open to add shows based on popularity in certain markets - and obviously for rest. I can't imagine them only playing one gig in California or avoiding the NYC (NJ) market entirely. I seem to recall that their last tour looked like this at first, but dates were added to fill in the gaps.

Bill Burr is listed for the last day on the 19th.  They had Saget last year on one of the big stages and it wasn't quite good.  Weird vibe for comedy, but Saget really didn't have any material.  Bill Burr should kill it though.  

Following his successful sold out theatre tour across Canada last March with Just For Laughs, Bill Burr returns to the nation’s Capital as one of the headlining performers at this year’s RBC Bluesfest. Bill Burr is one of the top comedic voices of his generation achieving success in TV and film, as well as the live stage. Selling out theaters internationally, Bill is a regular with Letterman, Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Fallon; his third hour-long comedy special, ‘You People Are All The Same’, is available for download through his website and to view on Netflix. In 2014 Bill was seen in the films ‘Walk of Shame’ alongside Elizabeth Banks and ‘Black and White’ alongside Kevin Costner. He will also be seen in four episodes of Kroll Show on Comedy Central. Bill was seen in the Paul Feig film, ‘The Heat’, alongside Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, and in the Al Pacino and Christopher Walken film ‘Stand Up Guys’. He received raves for his recurring role of “Kuby” on the hit AMC-TV show, ‘Breaking Bad’, and he was seen in a guest role on Fox TV’s ‘New Girl’. Bill’s Monday Morning Podcast is one of the most downloaded comedy podcasts on iTunes and his two critically acclaimed hour Comedy Central specials are available on Netflix and DVD. For more on Bill, visit www.BillBurr.com