Chewie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

i make sound effects and do voices for cartoons. really.

Cool! I've been told I *am* a cartoon character (specifically "Calvin" or "Daria")--does that count?

Seriously, though, that's something I'd consider trying if the opportunity arises.

"There's a 35 dollar late charge on your account" "That'll be due back tomorrow at midnight" oh yeah...that was a couple of years ago...

Now I am a pimply ass stroker...

That goes hand in hand with brain surgery, that I now perform on the weekends...

Tuesdays and Thursdays I fly a CF-18 over Afghanistan...

Mondays and Wednesday, I am the CEO of a major telecommunications company...

and on Fridays when I realize the rest of the week was a dream...I go to the store and buy a 6/49...The real dream...

But for real, I am the guy that you yell at when I tell you there is a 5 gig cap for Sympatico Highspeed Internet...YEAH!!! I love my job!

This Summer I am a pool boy (its not as glamorous as its cracked up to be), and this Fall I'll be at Trent University in Peterborough. 2 more years. Then I'll be moving out West for a Winter and saving up some dough, then traveling possibly to Indonesia where I hope to teach English and surf and save up more dough (maybe) and eventually make my way to Australia for more surfing and moving around. And then I'll go somewhere else. [big Grin]

hehehe i just got that booche...hehehehe

****GRUNDLE****

can't say any of the voiceovers i've done have made me famous-uhhh probably the one that's heard the most is in a display kiosk in Heathrow airport advertising the shops. Lots of internet ecards, toons and shorts, and a few YTV little bits here and there...I'm no cousin Joey from Full House.

anyways-anyone of you that have some good voices (read: unique, consistent and available) I'm more than willing to do some work with you-I've got a room to record at in my place and I'm working on some shorts for CBC right now. I'm working with a small company right now so i'm talking non-ACTRA yer-not-gonna-get-paid-but-it's-free-portfolio-stuff.

Voices i need right now:

-10 yr. old boy

-16 yr old male - younger voice

-Fantastic Man- Tick-style superhero

-Tripped out time-travelling cuckoo bird

-Don Pardo style announcer

-cute kittie cat

-cute kittie cat dream voice

-Pat Morita style 'ancient chinese wisdom' grandfather samurai (or a reasonable approximation)

Anyways, i'm holed up in Kitchener(the other k-town) and if yer interested, email me - eric@zodiacmedia.com

I think I can cover two Q du Jours with this answer:

Me Catphish and RoadRage2000 were touring down to see the Cheese last fall, we hit the border and the dude asked the usual questions, asked what we do for living.

I tell him I'm a webmaster and a giggle spurts out of Catphish's mouth. I'm sure my pupils dilated as I tried to keep from giving her a dirty look (you'll have to ask Catphish what the big joke was).

The customs officer stared us down, asked a few more pointed questions and we were on our way...

i am gonna be a first year at hampshre college in amherst, mass. studying acting, dance, and narrative writing. maybe i'll go into gonzo journalism... so i guess thats what i will be doing for a living. as of now i sit on my ass in the sun, dance at a studio, and occasionally make a cameo at a few concerts. thats the life.

i have a very good slutty computer voice

"please... push . my . buttons"

its very silky

so far they wont let me do the voiceovers for our demos cuz it's too 976'y - damn, i thought it would sell some more contracts fine.

[smile]