Jambands.ca

Top 5 things you like best about where you live

Blurry

Mount Forest

In no particular order;

1. The hiking trails

2. The small town friendless....everyone smiles at eachother

3. Country cruises

4. Proximity to K/W and Guelph, Collingwood for skiing and Bruce Peninsula for any and all outdoor activities

5. Our town motto; "High, Healthy, Happy" - hee hee :)

Winnipeg

1)the snow is finally gone

2)the exceptional amount of great bands and players from here

3)cheap living, generous people

4)once I leave Winnipeg, there's nothing for hours and hours

5)western Ontario (you people in the southern part are missing out on one of the most beautiful places in Canada

Living far away from Weezy (although, I am with Jaimoe. Themasses is the best name going)

The over-abundance of stupid-stoner-hippies

40 Main, and everyone seems to be some kind of a musician

the laughs

Triple A baseball (that time of year is coming!)

kitchener waterloo

- my family & the give'r gang & all the other great people who live here.

- location, location, location -- we are close to pretty much everywhere

- phil's in all its $1.75 drinks stinky goodness

- second only to the real one in germany, we have a pretty freakin' raging oktoberfest. i'm proud to be from a place that shuts down its main streets & puts up beer tents for a week! we're born & bred on give'r 'round these parts. haha

- it's the biggest small town ever. it's very cheap to live here, has that small town feel, but also has all the amenities of living in a huge city. oh, the bustling metrampolis of k-dubbaya.

Guest Low Roller

Ottawa

- The abundance of good people that turn my frowns upside down

- The Gatineaus

- The cultural hub of Kanata (hahaha, psych...)

- The multicutural diversity

- all the other things I take for granted

Damn, I can't even think of five. :(

1) Location - I like that I can be close to Toronto for big and/or interesting shows and stuff and not live there. Just an hour (and a bit) away from the US border. I like that if I want to get lost on the trails, there's plenty of rural space right outside of town (Dundas, Ancaster, Flamborough, Cambridge areas).

2) It's Real! No joke, Hamilton is not the place to put on airs or get all "cosmopolitan". It's dirty, gritty, ugly and full of soul. Viva La Hammer!

3) paisley

4) my particular neighborhood (Locke area) is full of freindly Scanks: Willy, hamilton (he lives downstairs from me for chrissakes!), shainhouse, kc, sarahbelle, timmyb and probably a couple of others I'm blanking out on now.

5) we get great shows here thanks to our local crew of heroic promoters and Pepper Jacks, in particular.

::

Moncton, NB

1. No Traffic Jams

2. 2 hours or less to everything in the Maritimes

3. The Paramount Lounge

4. Clean (er?) air

5. Cheap rent ($400- 2 BR everything included!)

Lemme add 2 more (even though I don't live there yet).

6. Really cheap houses

7. Kick ass folks like Nothern Wish, who go out their way to make you feel more than welcome. Cheers Sean!

Toronto!

1 - everything CyberHippie said (except disc golf only 'cus I don't play it personally)

2 - live music and entertainment options

3 - cheapest CDs and electronics on the planet

4 - annual festivals and shows (i.e. Carribana, food and drink shows & fests, art and trade shows, wacky conventions, etc etc etc.)

5 - you can walk forever downtown and never have to go outside!

London ON

1.Beautiful Parks and Trails

2. Proximity To Lake Huron and Lake Erie (although who needs the latter)and all their beachy goodness. GB!

3. The Runt Club

4. 2 hrs to T.O., 2 hrs to Detroit, and more shows than I could possibly attend

5. A perfect populus for me (especially in the summer when the Western students go home!)

Plus, my peeps. Most who you don't know but have been the cornerstone of my universe for quite awhile.

Vancouver BC

1) living a reasonable distance away from the likes of Booche.

2) it's better than where you live.

3) it's been spring for 3 weeks now... (15 degrees today - sunny)

4) surrounded by beautiful mountains which are only a 15 minute drive away.

5) only 2 hrs. from Whistler

6) the most beautiful women in the world live here and prance around wearing tiny bikinis and cause traffic accidents all the time (Kitsilano)

7) There's many beautiful beaches in town including a clothing optional one where you can buy any kind of drug any time of the day.

8) great weed everywhere

9) (some) bars are open til' 4am on weekends

10) STS9, Garaj Mahal, Vinyl, Galactic, Stephen Franke, Themasses, Slammin Jack, and many more play here ALL the time.

11) Upstream Entertainment

12) It never gets colder than 0 celcius and very rarely snows

13) lighthouse park, deep cove, queen elizabeth park, whytecliff park, horseshoe bay, steveston, STANLEY PARK.

14) did I mention the girls?

15) Commercial Drive (if you've been there, you know what I mean)

I like it here.

#1- my friends-- my absolutely crazy friends, plenty and beautiful/ familiarity... hundreds of acquaintances, and familiarness with many diverse aspects of St.Kitts... Never feel like a stranger here.

#2- Grape and Wine Festival, although I have to work it more often than not, there is usually some crazy story that comes to surface every late september/ overall bar scene, quite the party town, and I never wait anywhere, one of the benefits of bartending... always taken care of wherever I go...

#3- the fact that Welland/Thorold/Port Colborne are the brunt of our jokes!!!hehe... ::

#4- The location for travelling to shows, or functions, close proximity to everywhere, and some lush landscape all around, ex.. bruce trail, effingham, Lake Erie, Wineries...

#5- Still a town. Hasn't fallen under the wing of TO, not another clone city like Burlington or Oakville.... still has that friendly town like atmosphere... (however, we have more donutshops per capita than anyother city in the world.

Fuck I am damn proud to call St.Catharines my hometown~!

http: