Jambands.ca

Best Band Name Contest

cheesehead

Not so much a contest. Just wanted to see if anyone could come up with a really funky name. Not for use or anything, but just something to make people notice a name. The great response to the lyric question was awesome, friends.

So who likes: Smokey St. James and the Rigormortous Tortoise. ???

A friend of a friend came up with that and I thought it was funky.

Can YOU come up with something better? Just for fun?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bands I have been in:

Bob Loblaw

The Tummies

The Sarah Bellum Band

The Devil Made Me duet

(and one time we had a third player sitting in with TDMM duet, so for that one gig we called ourselves)

The Ronnie James trio

(and only one person got it)

Best band name I wasn't involved in:

Jehovah's Wetness

Best band name I never used:

Guy Fagmagnette and the Stud Muffins

And finally, to show how ahead of my time I was (now, think Blink 182/Sum 41/etc), but way back in the '80's I was in a band with the stupid name Barrax 207.

I once played rather briefly for a 5 peice bluegrass band with me being the youngest (23 yrs old) and the oldest being (65 or so)

~Still Vertical~

I find this to be my favourite reply also.

Suited the band...drunkeness and old age were major factors in the band playing rather briefly.

Was one fun time though. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by weezy:

Poo Poo Ka Ka and the Bum Bums

Weezy, the actual band name was Ka Ka Poo Poo and the bum bums.

I have played with a country band called, "Caught in a Combine". I thought that was pretty funny.

Phred

My first (and more or less only) band was named Uncle Alvin's Messy Sandwich. Our one EP under that name was called "Your Love Is Like A Great Big Hairy Yak". We opened for the Dead Milkmen, and their lead singer said on stage "They make us feel good about our name."

The band later changed its name to Blind, and our one EP under that name was called "Tainted". Cooler, and yet somehow, less cool.

Now I don't have a band at all, stupid name or no. *sigh*

Rob Not Bob

When I lived in Scarborough, I sang in a band called "Eastbound to Kennedy."

I really like the name "Nice Rack" considering it's an all girl band it's very cool.

I think there's a band called "Free Beer". I always get a kick out of that. I wonder just how many people walk into the venue just because of the prospect of free booze. [big Grin] Evil.

A friend of mine came up with one I've always thought hilarious....uhh...bear with me here it's rude as hell-

Cunt Fuckula

...ok there I typed it...

Anyways I have a whole list of band names/album names i've accumulated since high school-silly shit we come up with etc...

It's cool that rainmakertv opened for Dead Milkmen-I remember in Grade 8 that being the coolest name for a band i'd ever heard...

(the only time I was in a band..um...i was the lead singer of a punk band in high school called 13 0'clock...horrible name)

No, she means Free Beer, the country band from the 70s ... Haven't been able to dig up much about them ...

Free Beer here!

There was also a skatepunk band called Free Beer ...

More free beer here!

A friend of mine once said he hoped to form a band called Cassette Head Cleaner, since everybody already had their tape ... I always thought it would be cool to name a band TBA ... it would always look like you had lots of bookings.

Cheers,

Rob Not Bob

Archived