Jambands.ca

Best Band Name Contest

cheesehead

my one buddy in indiana has a band called free beer and venison

pretty lame ripoff of free beer an chicken

if i had a band id name it jehovahs wetness in honour of the jehovahs that woke me up so mayn times, id be hung over, answering the door in my shorts, start arguing religion for a bit then go pass back out.

good times

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Baby With A Nail Gun*

The Klingon Parsnips

Yeah, I was waiting for you to mention those gems [smile] There was a Freefall comic involved in inventing the former, and beer--possibly with a tattooed woman--involved in the latter.

Back in grade 9 or so I was in a heavy punk type band called "Guano" (which I believe is bird feces). It was a fitting name I'd say... I was the co-singer and wrote two songs: 'Thrash March' and 'Things We Should Not Be Doing'. We were shit.

About three years ago I was in a band call 'Rescue Mission". On holdover between Alpine and Columbus Ph 2000 we had a jam session in my garage. I recorded it. VERY loose jammin featuring my debut on conga and Casio SK-1. Got it remixed and came up with some names for the songs. Came up with a fake record label and brought four copies up to the local record shop. I since removed three of the copies and it's safe to say that the remaining copy is still sitting there in the store. [Frown]

Anyone interested in checking out, here's some more info.

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

quote:

Baby With A Nail Gun

Yeah, I was waiting for you to mention those gems [smile] There was a Freefall comic involved in inventing the former...

Not quite. It comes from a Simpsons episode in which Homer is watching an episode of some "funniest home videos" show, with three finalists: "Dog On Fire", "Man Breaking Hip", and "Baby With A Nail Gun". There was a later episode in which Maggie actually gets her hands on a nail gun, and proceeds to nail Homer (through his clothing, IIRC) to a wall. (It may have been in Freefall [i don't read Freefall], but it got on my band-name list from watching the Simpsons.)

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

(It may have been in Freefall [i don't read Freefall], but it got on my band-name list from watching the Simpsons.)

Ah. Okay. I think you mentioned it to me after I showed you this Freefall strip:

-

My addled brain added two plus two and got five. Funny, because now that you mention it, I remember the Simpsons reference. Ah, well ... the joys of aging.

• 2 years later...

oh my lord...this is a funny thread! thanks for the belly chuckles. This was not exactly the thread I was looking for....there was a more recent one about "Cool Band Names"

Anyway, I thought these would be odd, but fun names:

~~Household Use Only

~~Getting to Know Your Toaster.*

*can you guess our latest consumer product acquistion? And btw, just why are user guides now the size of novels? Apparently my new toaster is almost as complex as my digital camera!

I can't believe I forgot this one:

Adam West Of Eden

Wish I had come up with that one...we did I think three gigs. What a waste of a great name. Dibs on that for an album title (I called it first!).

Oh, how quickly he forgets the band he was in with the greatest name ever. Sure, we were short-lived and never played for an audience bigger than a single person (the bass player for Bob Loblaw; our biggest and only fan) but our name rocked .

I leave it to you to admit you were a member of the unnamed band described above, as I am aware that you may not wish to sully your musical reputation with that association...

My my, there are some real winners out there, huh?

...Here's a few we've actually used in print with one variation or another

The Melt in Your Mouth Cherry Pie Blues Band

Major Foam

Blueroom

and my personal favorite

No Refunds

these names were only ever used once so no one would catch on that they were about to see the same shitty band again...

Archived