Jambands.ca

Question of the Day- Campfire Edition!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

ognisko.jpg

Is there anything better than a campfire on a clear night? Who doesn't love how the glow of the campfire on the trees gives the forest an eerie supernatural look, or how the burning wood makes that unmistakable crackling sound?

I guess my question would be, what do you like about campfires the most?

- the hypnotic dancing flames, peaceful and endlessly entertaining

- wandering through pitch black to find fallen branches (yes I actually really enjoy that)

- that a campfire turns into "home", you go off to see a band or visiting or for a nocturnal wander until its time to "get back to the fire."

yes, staring into the campfire. I love the colours, always changing, blue, yellow, orange, red, purple, then green, next thing i know it's turning tye dye and all these little people start dancing on the flames. twirling, spinning and oh shit, now their talking to me. come join in the fire dance. wow man there's like a whole city in the fire man, with buildings and roads and trees and sky and clouds man. Big fluffy clouds with a vien in it and it bleeeeding on me oooohhhhhhh shittttttt!!!!!!!! - campfire ghosttown 2000

The best thing about campfires is cooking on them!

Agreed.

Also,(for me anyway) when I'm around a campfire it usually means that I've portaged/canoed into some interior woodlands,I normally never camp at places you can park your car at or drive into to.

Guest Low Roller

All are very good points (even though I thought Hamilton's and Arcane's were rather suspicious)

The reason I ask is that I sat in front of my first campfire last week, and now I'm just jonesing for another one!

Screw TVs, computers, radios, phones, PDAs, and just give me a nice soothing fire to sit by.

This is why we, I think, love them:

About 10 years ago, and I am sure I still have these glasses somewhere's, went to Tweed on the TwoFour weekend. Needless to say, there was tons of mushrooms on the pizza. Well, a dude I was 'familiar' with, from Toys R Us, was one of my brothers' buddies. We gave him a healthy slice of pizza, because he asked for it (we told him to possibly expect some 'heart-burn' from the slice he wanted to take, but he was fine).

About 30 minutes in, he puts glasses on, at our suggestion, that cause you to see prisms (think GrooveFetish pics) even if you havent eaten pizza. He is staring directly at the centerpiece. Turns out, he stares at it for another hour and a half, without saying a word. Obviously obliviously, we dont pay notion until he almost leaps out of his chair, exclaiming "WHOA!" His girlfriend is able to proove soothing with her voice, and she slowly eases him back into the chair. 20 seconds later, he takes off the glasses and asks:

"Hey boys, is there more 'pizza'?"