Jambands.ca

HEY!! It's Everybody's Favourite Thread!!!!!!

guigsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to GTB for starting last weekend off with a Bang.

To FBTS for hosting the afterparty

To Sunshine for patiently sleeping through it.

To Young Sisters for getting me to Montreal and putting me up.

To Del-Head for being a great partner in crime

To The Slip for feeding my soul

To everyone at the econo lodge for making my job seem easy

To Ken for getting me safley to Hamilton.

To Paisley and Stu for showing me the magic of Hess village.

To That One Guy for rocking my ass

To Sarahbelle for hosting a great after party

To everyone at the afterparty for putting up with me for so long.

To Esau for showing me the finer points of Hamilton

To Littlemiss Pink and Palace Princess for taking me with them on their pilgramage to Boognish

To Ween for kicking my ass harder every time I see them.

(edit: imagine a "jam" festival in the village for a weekend? whoa!!)

not so far fetched, Jim Skarett has always put on the festivals in the summer and he's sick of it (or so he was sayin)... probably need a (somewhat corporate) sponsor and greasing the right palms but I bet it could be done

There'd only be a bunch muscle heads workin security and hassleing everyone for as much as a spilled beer and a handful of fights with insecure football playing university students who are threatened by someone having fun that doesn't include smashing a beer can on their head or funneling beers until ya puke.

Unfortunatley this is one reality of the village during the finer months of weather,not always,but usually at any type of festivity there somthing along those lines occurs.Sad but true.

I'd like to thank Toddl...oops! I mean Velvet for putting up with me when I call him Toddl...( editted by Douglas )

I'd like to thank FreakerByTheSpeaker for calling cabs for meeeeeee

I'd like to thank the beer store guys for calling me by name (or maybe I'd like to say to them "what in the fack?" instead!)

I'd like to thank Ms. Hux for not farting on me at Pilates (yeah, Catphish....can't thank ya for that one!)

I'd like to thank the ice cubes for melting

I'd like to thank the dog in the park for not biting me

I'd like to thank my mommy for giggling when I call her mommy

I'd like to thank stella for being there for me at all times

I'd like to thank Booche for putting up with me when I'm with stella

::

There'd only be a bunch muscle heads workin security and hassleing everyone for as much as a spilled beer and a handful of fights with insecure football playing university students who are threatened by someone having fun that doesn't include smashing a beer can on their head or funneling beers until ya puke.

Unfortunatley this is one reality of the village during the finer months of weather,not always,but usually at any type of festivity there somthing along those lines occurs.Sad but true.

... i know, you're right, greg. i guess i was wishfully thinking back to the good ole days of hess village... for me at least... the mid-late 90's... i like to think of that period as "just before it started to get like that ". but then, maybe i was too young to really notice it...

I know what your saying,I was a early-mid 90's regular.Your right though,it wasn't as bad then as it is now.Just the Jazz fests always seemed to have some sorta drama ensue at the end of the night....aw well,its still a kick ass place to drink beers and get smashed,just not sure about the fests anymore.

So,to get back to the topic on hand....

I'd like to thank the Band once again. ::

i'd also like to thank sheikyerbouti for starting this thread and giving me 3 pages (and counting!) of things to smile about.

i'd like to thank my mom for being the best mom, friend, fellow brat-in-crime a person could ask for (not to mention sharing her passion for music and immersing my childhood in it, as well as ballet... and also for passing along her side of the family's sense of humour and eyes). i'd also like to thank her for bearing the 2 most amazing (and just as warped) siblings... gosh i love my family!

i'd like to thank LittlemissPink for being the absolute other half of my soul... there is no one on earth i would rather share a dance floor, a piano, creative anything or ween with.

i'd like to thank backbacon for being the number 1 favourite of all my pork products (including kevin bacon), for his amazing, amazing brain, incredible sense of humour, the fact he's someone i can have fun with absolutely everywhere, and for always, always, always making me feel like a real princess.

i'd like to thank qu'est-ce que c'est for the endless laughs, hugs, and for being so awesome that he's someone i've actively wanted to be in my life since the day i met him (almost 11 years ago). i'd also like to thank him for his relentless non-stop "you GOTTA come to frontier town" pitches that finally got me there... otherwise i probably wouldn't ever have met many of the super amazing people i have or come to this very site!

i'd like to thank bouche (& everyone else involved) for creating this site at all, it's provided countless laughs and opportunities to meet a ton of fricken spectacular people -- not to mention introduction to some fantastic music. awww, this place is like the cheers bar of the internet. :)

and finally (for now at least, haha) i'd like to thank ween for being the coolest, most fun and amazing band i've ever been obsessed with, boognish is the best religion i've found yet. i'd also like to thank them for being nice to me when i met them, because that moment was just oh so important in my little life, and if they had been dicks i probably would have cried. :)

I'd like to thank our Earth Mother for everything she's provided and putting up with all of our crap. Not that I partake all that often, but I'd also like to thank her for including amongst her many delights mind-altering substances, because without the altered perception provided early in life I, like most of the population, may have also believed that the life that society dictates as reality is in fact the truth without question. In other words, "question reality" ;)