Jambands.ca

QOTD - Its a Doozy Folks!

Schwa.

Plain and simple, what will Phish's last song EVER be?

It all boils down to the mood, what you the fan wants to personally hear, what song Phish thinks epitomizes themselves and their career.

I am wishing like hell that they go out on a rager, none of this sentimental the last 21 years have been great yadayada.

I want a killer, drop dead, blow your mind off, Suzy Greenburg.....also appropriate would be a pumped up Golgi Apparatus (last song played, first song written)

I SAW YOU WITH A TICKET STUB IN YOUR HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOTD part deux: on a less significant note, what will the opener of the last night be?

I'm thinkin something traditional....a Wilson or maybe a Runaway Jim. Possibly PYITE or even a Sneakin Sally.

Out of those for me it has to be the Sneakin Sally though. What a tune to open with. So i have the ladies opening and closing the last night in Coventry.

You?

Guest Low Roller
Friday.

Dammit, you stole my smarmy answer, now I got to come up with another song that all Phisheads dread...

uhm....

Big Black Furry Creatures From Mars. ::

Friday.

Dammit, you stole my smarmy answer, now I got to come up with another song that all Phisheads dread...

uhm....

Big Black Furry Creatures From Mars. ::

Jennifer Dances.

(And, for The Sloth: Character Zero.)

How about Gin & Juice? ;)

Aloha,

Brad

I was at Cypress and the Velvet Sea was amazing. I was never a huge fan of the song, but that version changed my mind.

I also love Friday. I think it is a great tune. The slower tunes Phish performs are favourites of mine.

As for the last song, I would guess a 2 song encore - one upbeat - something like Golgi, or Frankenstein, and then maybe something long and slow like a Hood or a Slave. That would be a a great way to end things.

I wouldn't be surprised to have Tweeprise thrown in there somewhere either.

I hope their final encore is "Harry Hood". Why? Because for one, it's pretty much my favorite Phish song. Because it's got a real history with the band. Because it's about a little man who lives inside a refridgerator. Because I think the "where do you go when the lights go out?" line is immensely fitting for the occasion. Because I think it would be a beautiful opportunity for one last glow-stick war, a much-maligned, often abused but still unique demonstration of the bond between artist and audience. Because that end jam is so beautiful and flxible. And because at the end we can all be reminded that "you can feel good"!

So, that's my hope. ::

I have seen velvet see encores more than any other tune, so that is a good choice. They could close with YEM like shoreline 2000. I couls also see a DWD which would be killer. I'm a big fan of the rockin' encore instead of the lets hold hands and wave lighters in the air kinda encores.

For an opener I'd like to see a tube trilogy. 1st tube>tube>last tube.

I'm with MarcO

I think Harry Hood would work wonders for most in attendance. Its the one I want, when forced to think about it.

As for the opening tune, I really dont care. If its something we wont be able to guess (non-standard opener), then I'll be happy. Frig, who really cares. I wont even remember it after the show anyways, let alone trying to remember what the encore just was.

;)

Phish doesn't care what we think, they never do...They're the masters of doing the exact opposite of what their fans think they're going to do. I see them treating every show of their tour as "just another show" nothing special, nothing thought out (especially if they're not even practicing) just plain old Phish, the first and last songs will probably be off the new album....Though I'm hoping that this won't be the case, that for once Phish will acknowledge the magnitude of these shows and play accordingly.

So maybe a YEM or DWD to clse, maybe a Gamehenge first set first show opener. But I'm not holding my breath.

If I see anyone screaming for Fluffhead during the encore break at Coventry, I'm going to slap them in the face and yell "that's the song that killed phish, you killed phish" :P

My hope for last song is "Moma Dance" but it will prolly be "Friday"

i don't know dave-o. Wading closed out Big Cypress and Friday is pretty lame. I see you're going with the slow ending though which is pretty likely. hows about an inlaw-bittersweet? i just thought of another, Free. Perfect.

I thought Meatstick closed out Big Cypress, just like it opened up the "Show".

RnB